A new TDF Jersey for most stage wins

ad4m
ad4m Posts: 8
edited July 2010 in Pro race
I think they should introduce a Jersey for the rider that gets most stage wins! because that would be truly for the best sprinter :D Mr Cavendish!
Also, has Mark Renshaw lost his job now? Cavendish managed just fine using the other riders to lead him to the win on Friday.

Comments

• Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Perhaps they could just do away with intermediate sprints, and double the points on the Champs that way there is more chance of the green jersey going to the best sprinter. I don't think Renshaw is out of a job he alwats ensures safe delivery to the point of execution.

I
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    ad4m wrote:
    I think they should introduce a Jersey for the rider that gets most stage wins! because that would be truly for the best sprinter :D Mr Cavendish!
    Also, has Mark Renshaw lost his job now? Cavendish managed just fine using the other riders to lead him to the win on Friday.

not sure that would work. You could get one rider winning more stages on the mountains but as hewould likely be in yellow it would be a waste of a jersey
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    [tongue in cheek] Cav did OK without Renshaw in 2008, it just makes his job a bit easier to have the world's best lead out man on his side [/tongue out of cheek]
  • jimycooper
    jimycooper Posts: 740
    i think a better jersy would be an omnium style one.

every rider is awarded respective points for where they finish each day with stage winner given 1, second 2 ect....

nico roche would be a good bet for that
  • doddy178
    doddy178 Posts: 66
    jimycooper wrote:
    i think a better jersy would be an omnium style one.

every rider is awarded respective points for where they finish each day with stage winner given 1, second 2 ect....

nico roche would be a good bet for that

that is actually quite a good idea.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    They did something like that in 2003, with this system being employed at each of the six stage finishes used in the first Tour.

Contador would have done well this year, as he is almost always in the first 40 on the stage.