Cav's post stage interview

RichN95.
RichN95. Posts: 27,241
edited July 2010 in Pro race
I found a couple of Cav's comments in his intial all broadcast interview interesting.

He was talking about how the stage panned out and said (paraphrasing) - Sky were strong.... good to see them up there... lots of my friends... need more experience...

Transfer rumours have been built on less.
Twitter: @RichN95

Comments

• Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    I've just seen it, and that's exactly what went through my mind as well. Although perhaps he's referring to the Worlds. My gut feeling is he'll stay with HTC and they'll print money to keep him.

I thought he looked drained, and his face very thin. And did you hear his cough? Racing with bronchitis, and yet he still won.

If he's not being cared for properly, then he may well be looking longingly at that nice bed on the Sky bus. And if the bronchitis worsens, then he may not be able for the Champs.
  • RichN95.
    Tusher wrote:
    I've just seen it, and that's exactly what went through my mind as well. Although perhaps he's referring to the Worlds. My gut feeling is he'll stay with HTC and they'll print money to keep him.

Good point there about the Worlds. Bob S loves him more than even you do, and he's a billionaire.

His illness - as they say, it's something that's going around. Petacchi said he was ill too. A good cuddle from an older lady would set him right.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    In his interview earlier on ITV podcast, Geraint sounded like a man in the full throes of manflu.

I'd barely be out of bed, never mind competing in The World's Toughest Sports EventTM
  • RichN95.
    In his interview earlier on ITV podcast, Geraint sounded like a man in the full throes of manflu.

That's just a Cardiff accent (although G doesn't have a strong Cardiff accent - he's quite middle class).
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I didn't watch it, but after Sky having a bit of a GC mare in the Tour, they'll be more desperate than ever to get Cavendish onboard I would've thought. Especially if they don't have a viable GC guy for next year.

GB's squad for the worlds will be weakened because of the CW games, so I'm not sure they'll have an immense train there.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:
    I didn't watch it, but after Sky having a bit of a GC mare in the Tour, they'll be more desperate than ever to get Cavendish onboard I would've thought. Especially if they don't have a viable GC guy for next year.

GB's squad for the worlds will be weakened because of the CW games, so I'm not sure they'll have an immense train there.

Will they turn up for the Commonwealths though? The top trackies aren't
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    And as has been said by a few riders, the world's course is tougher than many people think - here's Bettini's thoughts:

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/4916/ ... ttini.aspx

and GB are pretty low in the rankings this year so unlikely to have a full compliment of 9. Can't see it being anything more than a training exercise for Copenhagen in 2011.

Welsh team announced Geraint Thomas isn't taking part in the track events in the Common wealth Games as he'll be at the Worlds.
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    RichN95 wrote:
    I found a couple of Cav's comments in his intial all broadcast interview interesting.

He was talking about how the stage panned out and said (paraphrasing) - Sky were strong.... good to see them up there... lots of my friends... need more experience...

Transfer rumours have been built on less.

I don't think so. You're forgetting how much he bigged up, and always bigs up, his own team.

He probably meant Wiggins and Thomas were up in the front and "my friends" referred to the British track team. Doesn't mean he's gonna jump ship
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    I'm even more impressed with Cav after seeing him being stalked by the Broom wagon on the Tourmalet. Bernie nursing him on over the top...
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Since Sky's avowed aim is to get a Tour winner, I can't see them devoting half the team to form a lead-out train, as good as Wiggo is at stringing the bunch out.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Moomaloid wrote:
    I'm even more impressed with Cav after seeing him being stalked by the Broom wagon on the Tourmalet. Bernie nursing him on over the top...

...his awesome skill at holding onto a car....
    :wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    iainf72 wrote:
    I didn't watch it,.

How much of the Tour did you actually watch ?
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !