Rockshox Rev Races clicking noise..normal or not?

KevUK
KevUK Posts: 111
edited April 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hey guys, ive got some 2010 Rockshox Revelation Races, and ive got a very strange clicking thing going on with them, when your really hammering the trails you can hear a click, on the forward and backward motion of the forks, and it is just as i say a "Click"...now me and a friend have ruled out my frame and headset, as we put his forks on my bike and no click, my forks on his bike and they clicked.

Now, does anyone have any opinions on what it is, or have heard of it happening before? and also my best route to getting it fixed - Also you can only make them click mounted on a bike, so im concerned that if i sent them somewhere they would faff with them and not hear anything and i would get them back unchanged.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Comments

• peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Is the crown race seated correctly?
  • KevUK
    Yup we tried 2 different headsets also, which involved changing the crown race each time.
  • drop the lowers off em, get one leg in each hand and flex them, if they click its probably the steerer crown interface, my mates did exactly this (assuming they are air non u turn that is)..
  • KevUK
    Cant do that at the minute, sent them to Fishers under warranty on monday to get them looked at, and yea they are the Dual Air Revs..heard a few people who have had that steerer crown interface problem, so lets hope fishers find it and replace the upper half of the forks.
  • KevUK
    Well may aswell update my own thread, previous to my last post they did replace the Whole upper part of the forks, stanchions/crown/steerer, and all was well, untill about 2 weeks ago, now the damned click is back, surely this is normal and im surprised i cant find anyone else with the same problem, unless they are thinking its normal and ignore it lol. Anyways, time to Call Sram tomorrow and speak to their techs and find out what the heck is going on.