The Cross Border 100

holmeboy
holmeboy Posts: 674
Anybody doing thinking of doing The Cross Border 100? It starts at either Haddington (just along the road from me) or Alnwick in Northumberland and the two meet on the Borders. It's 25 quid with another 25 to be raised for charity. The route looks pretty good too, over The Lammermuirs into the Borders then into Northumberland and back (from the Scottish side). Feel obliged to enter as I stayed in Haddington for many years.

http://www.action.org.uk/get_involved/c ... 00_england

Comments

• peter_andrew
    peter_andrew Posts: 373
    Hi
    Thinking about it. Done Trossachs ton withthem last year, very well organised it was.

Peter
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    I did the Sheffield 100 with them a few weeks ago, excellent ride. Lunchtime feed stop was absolutely topping!!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • issacforce
    issacforce Posts: 112
    hi
    am doin the cross border but from alnwick as work there,hopfully it will be good ride as ive heard they are much better organised than many sportives, :)
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    Looks good and would have done it but it clashes with another sportive I am going to do in the Pennines.

Holmeboy - were you up in the lammermuirs a few sundays ago when it was blowing a gale on the road between Abbey St Bathans and Oldhamstock? Thought I passed you.
    Brian B.
  • issacforce
    issacforce Posts: 112
    hi brian
    did the radar ride the other week and the weather was bad, especially the headwind from st marysall the way backm to the finish,was so strong was having to pedal downhill to get any speed, but fantastic scenery though.
  • holmeboy
    holmeboy Posts: 674
    Brian B wrote:
    Looks good and would have done it but it clashes with another sportive I am going to do in the Pennines.

Holmeboy - were you up in the lammermuirs a few sundays ago when it was blowing a gale on the road between Abbey St Bathans and Oldhamstock? Thought I passed you.

Yep 70 miles that day, came from Whiteadder through Preston then onto Grantshouse road turning off onto Abbey St B back road through Ecclaw. Punctured at Oldhamstocks and me pump was only giving about 5psi (honest) so cycled home slowly from there. Me mate was in home mode so dissappeared over the horizon, where about did you pass?
    Hope I acknoledged. :)
    Good luck in the Pennines, fancy cycling them myself sometime, let us know how you get on.
  • dr smut
    dr smut Posts: 220
    Am thinking of doing this too but seriously unfit due to need to care for small child on weekends! Anyone any idea of total amount of climbing involved?
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    holmeboy wrote:
    Brian B wrote:

Yep 70 miles that day, came from Whiteadder through Preston then onto Grantshouse road turning off onto Abbey St B back road through Ecclaw. Punctured at Oldhamstocks and me pump was only giving about 5psi (honest) so cycled home slowly from there. Me mate was in home mode so dissappeared over the horizon, where about did you pass?
    Hope I acknoledged. :)
    Good luck in the Pennines, fancy cycling them myself sometime, let us know how you get on.

You and your mate were coming down the big hill(with the switchback) at the farm and I was coming up and we said hello. It was'nt until you passed that I recoqnised you from your Fred Whitton photo. It was weird that it was youwho gave me directions for that route last year.
    Brian B.
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    This looks good. I think I'll get signed up!