Where is everybody!

nich
nich Posts: 888
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
Cycling into London this morning around 7am, I barely saw a soul compared to usual. Felt like I had the roads to myself!

Had to check my watch a few times to make sure it wasn't a Saturday or something :oops:

Comments

• It is saturday, you can go back to bed.
  • WesternWay
    WesternWay Posts: 564
    nich wrote:
    Cycling into London this morning around 7am, I barely saw a soul compared to usual. Felt like I had the roads to myself!

Had to check my watch a few times to make sure it wasn't a Saturday or something :oops:

It will either be that the four minute warning has happenned or the start of the summer school holidays.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Some schools are already on hols, others still 'hard at work', we are off on hols Monday as a lot of the country is still at school so we got the bookings we wanted easier by going the 2 days before they want to start booking.

I guess some are already off!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • zrazzle
    zrazzle Posts: 79
    agreed, roads were lovely this morning!

Hyde park all on lock down for the triathlon too. hope I can cycle through there on the way home...
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Everybody was round my house at the party. Where were you?
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Very similar at 8.30am. Twas great. Looking forward to the journey home.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Zephr
    Zephr Posts: 60
    everyone is sitting at home taking the day off attempting to be THE poster on the SCR thread....
    FCN 11. When you hear the buzz of the nobblies, you know youve been scalped.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Quite a few schools in the area are off now... just found out myself as I asked the same question.

Damn. no more yummy mummies in the morning :cry:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Come September you'll be smiling again :D
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    cjcp wrote:
    Very similar at 8.30am. Twas great. Looking forward to the journey home.
    Was quite nice, but a bit of a lack of competition. Probably just as well, as I had Friday legs and was half asleep this morning on account of another 5.30am wake up call from the littl'un. Was really struggling to make breakfast - put the spoon from the honey jar in my glass of orange juice instead of back in the jar - so had to have a coffee before I set off, which helped a lot.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,185
    nich wrote:

Most of schools round Beckenham broke up today - should be even quieter round school times next week. Good, as some of the worst examples of driving I've come across has been down to 'school run mums'. And don't get me started about them blocking our driveway :evil:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]