Is it me, or the pump?

Sailingalong
Sailingalong Posts: 156
edited July 2010 in The workshop
I've got a Raleigh record sprint so it's a bit old now and the pump that came with it is a sks=20 superspor Bluemels. It's handy because it fits the bike.
The problem I've got is when using it, I'm finding it difficult to git it right, either I'm too far on the valve and the handle pumps back at me or I ease it off a bit and it's too much and I'm not getting any air in.
I'v got another better pump on another bike and that's good , but I can't work ithis one out. Is the pump faulty, i.e the rubber insert, or is my technique not quite right?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Sounds like the one way valve in the pump is on its way out, you should screw the adaptor all the way on (to open the valve in the tube), the one way valve should stop it blowing the pump back extended but it sounds like it can't manage it any more!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Sailingalong
    Sailingalong Posts: 156
    Thanks.
    I think the pump's had it, which is a shame really. Maybe I could get one of the rubbery things that fit inside it. :)