Wrist Hurting

matplant
matplant Posts: 2
edited August 2010 in Health, fitness & training
Hoping someone can help please. I'm a very new rider but already ive noticed my left wrist is painful in certain riding positions, is this just a normal pain that riding gives you and will wear off ? or possibly something else ?

cheers

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    must..... resist...... cracking....... joke......... :lol:

Hard to tell really. if it's constantly hurting, maybe best to go see a doctor in case you've damaged it.
  • mobilekat
    mobilekat Posts: 245
    Or take some Ibuprofen as thats an anti-inflammatory and helps with swelling.

Also have a look at the position of you brake and gear leavers, some time they are not in a good place and twisting them back around the handlebars can help.

-wanders off then muttering about changing positions to find a better one, and trying as well to avoid cracking crude jokes.......... :wink:
    Wheeze..... Gasp..... Ruddy hills.......
  • Hiya,

Ive recently returned to riding and am noticing pain in the wrists, one thing im going to try is bar ends, as when i place my hands at 90* the pain disappears.

worth a try i guess
  • hawnet
    hawnet Posts: 3
    Could it be Carpel Tunnel?
  • Philgr
    Philgr Posts: 66
    Im a relatively new rider also, when i started out i had terrible trouble with my right wrist, it was something that i found the more i rode, the stronger my wrist / forearms became and the pain went,

i also took a bit of time to tweak the riding position to make it more comfortable

Regards

Phil G
    08 Specialized Rockhopper Disc
    09 Trek Fuel EX 9.8