Fox float rear shock air valve

monster-mash
monster-mash Posts: 586
edited August 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
The rear fox float will not allow me to remove the shock pump and maintane the air in the shock as I remove pump. As fast as I try to unscrew the pump of the valve it just comes out so quick. The valve holds the air in as I have used the car 12v pump which has a lever to fetch it of so minimal air loss. Can you get the Schrader valves for this and just remove the old and fit the new?

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Don't worry about it, the air that you hear escaping is the pressurised air in the hose from the pump.
    Shock pumps should disengage the actual valve on the shock, before breaking the seal.
  • monster-mash
    Totally agree but all the air escapes before I can get the pump off. I know the pumps is OK as it works on my other shocks just wasn't sure whether somthing was kaput in the valve commom prob etc

Thanks anyway
  • Anonymous
    All the air? :shock:
  • monster-mash
    Sorry to reply so late been out, yep all the air. Its not a biggy at the mo I pump it up with the car 12v pump up to about 200psi then reduce it to get my sag but its a pain and needs sorting.
    Someone on here must have changed a air vailve on one or even replace the centre part of the valve just like the car ones :?

Anyway thanks mate
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    make sure the core is not lose.

what pump are you using?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Anonymous
    something sound properly wrong there. Sounds like the valve spiggot on the shock or pump is sticking out too far. have you tried screwing the shock's valve core in a bit more?
  • monster-mash
    I thought it was tight but will check it out tomorrow trouble is I havn't got the small tool to tighten it with. The pumps fine as it pumps the other shock (wifes) no probs.

Thanks again chaps will let you know
  • Did you ever figure out how to deal with this issue? I am having the same issue as you are.