Riding in Cyprus (video)

Ska!
Ska! Posts: 39
edited July 2010 in MTB general
I flew all the way from Canada to Cyprus for a couple of weeks and snuck out for not one, but two rides.

I brought the camera along on the first outing. Since a lot of you holiday there I thought I'd share this link with you guys.

Great place. Very beautiful.

Comments

• thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    That looks really smooth and flowing, I'd probably fall off the edge on most of those though.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • alexj2233
    alexj2233 Posts: 381
    That looked brilliant. Pretty scatty though with the huge drops.

Some of that scenery was pretty cool, did i see a waterfall at one point?
  • I went Troodos last year, not for biking, just family holiday. Nice place. The trails look good. Did you rent the bikes from Paphos or elsewhere or take them yourself?
    Giant XTC SE 2006
    Cube LTD Race 2009
    Trek Fuel EX 9
  • Ska!
    Ska! Posts: 39
    Went out with Al from mountainbikecyprus.com. They supply the bikes (Marin Alpine Trail). They are in pristine condition and perfectly maintained btw – very important. They also supply any other gear you may need. They drive you out, guide, feed you lunch and ride some more. Very professional and Al and Kirsty are top notch folks for sure.

I looked into bringing my own bike but you’d be blown away by the cost of getting my bike to Cyprus and back to Canada if I told you. I did bring my own shoes, pedals, helmet and riding clothes though.

Alexj2233 Although there are falls in the area, I don’t remember seeing any that day. As far as the trail goes, I lost 70% of my footage (camera problem) so this is just a taste. There is a lot more gnarly trail that requires some extra focus that isn’t shown. Overall though, the trail has a very good mix of really nice flow and tech. It’s a good balance. A really nice trail.