Pro Riders living in Bucks (UK)

josame
josame Posts: 1,162
edited July 2010 in Pro race
I'm looking for a speaker for my cycling club charity evening - are there any TdF pros (now or old school) living in Bucks?

Thanks
'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'

Comments

• Robstar24
    Robstar24 Posts: 173
    Roger Hammond grew up in Chalfont St Peter, don't know if he still lives in the area
  • josame
    thanks for that
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Roger Hammond hasn't ridden the TdF though.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Doesn't Roger live in Belgium these days?

I'm often mistaken for Mr Hammond - perhaps I could do you club dinner? Just supply me with a Cervelo bike and full kit and nobody will know :wink:
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Millers mother lives in Maidenhead and his wifes from Reading so he may be close enough. Contact Face partnership to speak to him.
  • BrianS
    BrianS Posts: 112
    josame wrote:
    I'm looking for a speaker for my cycling club charity evening - are there any TdF pros (now or old school) living in Bucks?

Thanks

www.cyclevox.com/speakers
  • josame
    thanks to all those that replied
  • innocenti
    innocenti Posts: 33
    David Millar is a member of Wycombe cc.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    BrianS wrote:
    josame wrote:

Thanks

www.cyclevox.com/speakers

As a marketing graduate this makes me smile.

Self promotion is what it's all about eh? ;)
  • Brian is a very good speaker so self promotion is justified here.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    If he's half as good at speaking as he is at commentating then he's worth it,
  • BrianS
    BrianS Posts: 112
    i wasn't really thinking about myself...more on the fact we can help you with one of the pro riders.
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    innocenti wrote:

Millar rode for Ross Wheelers and then Team Energy as an amateur - I don't ever remember seeing him in Wycombe colours...
  • softlad wrote:
    innocenti wrote:

Millar rode for Ross Wheelers and then Team Energy as an amateur - I don't ever remember seeing him in Wycombe colours...

Take a read of the post again.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    David Millar also lives in Girona so that rather negates much of the argument over what his cycling club is.
  • softlad
    softlad wrote:
    innocenti wrote:

Take a read of the post again.

I did - and I should add that I would be very suprised if he was indeed currently a member of Wycombe CC (which I guess is what you were hinting at), although I'm happy to be corrected.
  • As long as you are happy that OK then.

Thanks for the input.
  • softlad
    As long as you are happy that OK then.

Thanks for the input.

if you know different fella - perhaps you could enlighten us..? I'm sure you know more than you are letting on, because you sound very clever...
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    softlad wrote:
    innocenti wrote:

not according to Wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Millar

He gets a mention on Wycombe CC's website too...

http://www.highwycombecc.org/gallery.html
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Millar did ride with Ross Wheelers and Team Energy.
  • fnb1
    fnb1 Posts: 591
    David Milar was indeed a member of Wycombe CC, still keeps in occasional touch with some of the members although I would be lying if I said for sure he was still a current member.

I have even raced against the man in Wycombe Evening 10 league, he was faster than me, by some 6 minutes or more but I am sure I had him worried at at least one time check :lol:
    fay ce que voudres