Post-Tour depression

2»

Comments

• paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    JamLala wrote:
    Just done watching ITV4's review show. The depression has hit home hard now.

How is everyone else coping?

Not good really, spent all day following it on Twitter - now seems remarkably quiet, actually have to do some work now. Whats next cycling on ITV4? Seeing as I can't afford Sky....

Probably that crappy Halfords Tour Series

"Let's go round city centres loads of times, YAY!!!" :shock:

Feck off
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    How much I miss a race depends on how good I thought it was. I wasn't blown away by this one, although having come to terms with the Giro finishing means I can understand. Suppose I'd understand even better if I hadn't been working through most of it.

As has been mentioned, the Vuelta provides some comfort. I'm quite looking forward to seeing how Andy gets on. Can't do much worse than last year.
  • jamlala
    jamlala Posts: 284
    JamLala wrote:
    Just done watching ITV4's review show. The depression has hit home hard now.

How is everyone else coping?

Not good really, spent all day following it on Twitter - now seems remarkably quiet, actually have to do some work now. Whats next cycling on ITV4? Seeing as I can't afford Sky....

Probably that crappy Halfords Tour Series

"Let's go round city centres loads of times, YAY!!!" :shock:

Feck off

Beats the football season which appears to be rapidly approaching, as is being asvertised everywhere....
    Cannondale Supersix 105 2013- summer bike - love it!
    Cannondale CAAD12 - racing fun!
    Trek Crockett 5 - CX bike, muddy fun!
    Scott Scale 940 MTB XC racer.
    __@    
    _`\<,_   
    ---- (*)/ (*)
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    OK, so I just took a closer look at the Vuelta route. Blimey. They make the Giro organisers look like a bunch of wimps.

The first "flat" road stage says it all:

2_perfil.jpg

:shock:

Good luck Cav!
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    I thought the tour was boring -- all this waiting around for people after they crashed was dreadful.

But the Giro, now that was a great race.

Apart from the drama around LA, Ale Jet, Wiggo, and Cave, the tour was almost unwatchable.

Contador was off form, and Andy S. looks like one of those prawns from District 9.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    johnfinch wrote:
    There's San Sebastian to look forward to.

If they bother to show it. :(

It'll be streamed on the Internet.

Markmod - good luck with it all.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    johnfinch wrote:
    There's San Sebastian to look forward to.

Bring on the one dayer(s)!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    afx237vi wrote:
    OK, so I just took a closer look at the Vuelta route. Blimey. They make the Giro organisers look like a bunch of wimps.

Yeah, I had a look at it yesterday to see how many stages might be available to Cav (about five) and it's an absolute brute of a course.

While recently riders who have done the Vuelta have been amongst the top guys at the Worlds, any one who finishes this course, I'm probably counting out.

I'll be picking Sherpa Tenzig for PTP.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    Tour de Wallonie live now
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    The Eurosport HD coverage was spectacular yesterday. What scenery. Racing was ok.
    +1
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    Belleville Rendezvous - BBC4 28/7 9pm I think
    To Simpson docudrama Death on the Mountain tonight BBC4, also a docu about a bloke searching the globe for his ultimate bicycle parts.....(not me, but could have been. S'pose actually travelling the globe is a lot more glam than sitting in front of t'internet)