Big Jens hits the deck again today..

Doobz
Doobz Posts: 2,800
edited July 2010 in Pro race
I didnt realize that Jens Voight went down on the descent of col de Peyresourde today.. that dude has some bad luck on descents..
andy_schleck Jensi is ok pretty bruised up he went down on the downhill from col de Peyresourde with 70 kmh he got 5 stitches on his left arm!his comment
andy_schleck Hi its jens,I am ok!basically only my right ankle is untouched,all the rest of has some roadrush.but I will reach paris this year-promised!
cartoon.jpg

Comments

• luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    Hard b*****d.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    And to think he whinged about the pavé, maybe they should take the descents out next year eh? ;)
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Rode on a CAAD9 that was far too small for him :lol:

TDF10_stg16_voigt.jpg
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    And to think he whinged about the pavé, maybe they should take the descents out next year eh? ;)

He's not whingeing about the descents though. Odd that, eh?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    Alpine descents, tarmac and high speed have no place in a modern Grand Tour.
    Stage should've been neutralised.
    Assassins!
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Rode on a CAAD9 that was far too small for him :lol:

TDF10_stg16_voigt.jpg

Ouch!

Didn't people spout on here on another thread that the Mavic bikes never get used?

Also, Jens was made for toe clips. A real hardman look.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • paulieb2006
    paulieb2006 Posts: 318
    Jesus, I have just realised where he got the bike. Thought he stole it from some kid half way down :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Does anybody know how the tarmac is? :)
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    Jens Voigt a true hero of the peleton !
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Doobz wrote:
    I didnt realize that Jens Voight went down on the descent of col de Peyresourde today.. that dude has some bad luck on descents..
    ]

Just think if had been Wiggo we would have had loads comments about how bad his bike handling skills are. But hey this is Jens and its just down to bad luck eh !
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    ^ Well said
  • rockmount
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Doobz wrote:
    ]

Just think if had been Wiggo we would have had loads comments about how bad his bike handling skills are. But hey this is Jens and its just down to bad luck eh !
    Well ... Jens was gettin' it in the neck here last week too, accused of bein' soft. Some real daredevil armchair pilots round here ! wtf ?
  • moray_gub
    rockmount wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Doobz wrote:
    ]

Well ... Jens was gettin' it in the neck here last week too, accused of bein' soft. Some real daredevil armchair pilots round here ! wtf ?

It goes back to Sky riders having a few crashes in the Giro and there followed ridiculous comments about Wiggo being bad bike handler etc. This just shows show much of a nonsense that really was anybody who steps on a bike can crash at any time.
  • rockmount
    Moray Gub wrote:
    rockmount wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Doobz wrote:
    ]

It goes back to Sky riders having a few crashes in the Giro and there followed ridiculous comments about Wiggo being bad bike handler etc. This just shows show much of a nonsense that really was anybody who steps on a bike can crash at any time.
    Fair point, Andy Schleck does more miles in three weeks than some of the brainiacs around here do ever, and is accused of not knowing how to ride a bike ?
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    rockmount wrote:
    Fair point, Andy Schleck does more miles in three weeks than some of the brainiacs around here do ever, and is accused of not knowing how to ride a bike ?

I reckon half the dudes on here don't even ride bikes..
    cartoon.jpg
  • moray_gub
    edited July 2010
    rockmount wrote:
    [

You should know by now that this forum of self proclaimed experts in their field, and they know best what happened to Andy.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Doobz wrote:
    rockmount wrote:

I don't ride bikes. I race them. 8)
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    Gather it was a front tyre blow-out, so not down to his bike-handling.
    Unless, of course, in these hyper-critical times a rider gets judged on how he handles the bike in a crisis?!

Nice to hear someone from Saxo Bank not complaining for a change.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Timoid. wrote:
    Didn't people spout on here on another thread that the Mavic bikes never get used?

Also, Jens was made for toe clips. A real hardman look.

Not quite a Mavic, better; see that other thread
  • pbt150
    pbt150 Posts: 316
    He's one of my favourite riders around at the moment, Jens is as hard as they come - his article on the crash:

http://www.bicycling.com/tour-de-france ... -sag-wagon
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    Unless, of course, in these hyper-critical times a rider gets judged on how he handles the bike in a crisis?!

Pah, if he was a decent bike handler he'd have just ridden to the finish pulling a wheelie :wink:
  • rockmount
    Pross wrote:

Pah, if he was a decent bike handler he'd have just ridden to the finish pulling a wheelie :wink:
    Yeah thats right .... didn't stop Lance in the Leadville !!
    (deliberate attempt to cause distress amongst the deranged - you know who you are)
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Doobz wrote:
    rockmount wrote:

I ride about 14,000 km a year... I dont think Andy does that in 3 weeks. And yes the Schlecks are rubbish bike handlers... As for Wiggins in the Giro, his problem was that he didnt know how to put on the damn chain.
    www.dotcycling.com
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    emadden wrote:
    I ride about 14,000 km a year... I dont think Andy does that in 3 weeks. And yes the Schlecks are rubbish bike handlers...

Brilliant!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • rockmount
    emadden wrote:
    I ride about 14,000 km a year... I dont think Andy does that in 3 weeks. And yes the Schlecks are rubbish bike handlers... As for Wiggins in the Giro, his problem was that he didnt know how to put on the damn chain.
    I'm sure you are really really awesome, and a legend in your own lunchtime, but, you do realise it's a race, and you have to go fast too !!
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Jesus, I have just realised where he got the bike. Thought he stole it from some kid half way down :oops: :oops: :oops:

It says here that it really was a kid's bike, not a freebie from the Mavic car!?!

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/4977/Jens-Voigt-avoids-abandoning-Tour-de-France-with-help-from-kids-bike.aspx

wtf? Hincapie's at it as well!

may_g_little_bike.jpg

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    pbt150 wrote:
    He's one of my favourite riders around at the moment, Jens is as hard as they come - his article on the crash:

http://www.bicycling.com/tour-de-france ... -sag-wagon

I wish there was a video of him saying all that. He's always great in interviews. I read it in his voice anyway.
    Twitter: @RichN95