Boardman Pro HT

thegreatsoprendo
thegreatsoprendo Posts: 52
edited July 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Just picked up my new Boardman Pro HT through C2W after several months of faffing about. It arrived just in the nick of time as I have a trip to Afan planned this weekend to give it it's first proper run. :D

I've already made a few choice additions/mods, namely:

Schwalbe Nobby Nics
Charge Spoon Titanium saddle
Tacx bottle cage
Hope saddle QR
Lizard skin chain stay protector

img3750q.jpg
img3761b.jpg
img3753.jpg
img3762w.jpg
img3769.jpg
img3772ro.jpg
img3759k.jpg
img3760k.jpg
img3767a.jpg
img3771z.jpg
img3757.jpg
img3763hr.jpg
img3764r.jpg
img3766e.jpg

Comments

• pte1643
    pte1643 Posts: 518
    Love the way the Boardman frames are finished.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    very nice bike. how much would it be? am asking becasue it has amazing kit, xo, x9, elixir r etc...
  • jay12 wrote:
    very nice bike. how much would it be? am asking becasue it has amazing kit, xo, x9, elixir r etc...
    £999.99
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165499
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    jay12 wrote:
    £999.99
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165499
    bargain
  • pte1643 wrote:
    Love the way the Boardman frames are finished.
    Yes, it's very impressive. Anyone know how they get that smooth finish where the tubes join? The underside of the join between the top tube and downtube looks like this:

img3782.jpg

There's also some intruiging writing on the underside of the downtube...
    img3780g.jpg
  • glennpro09
    glennpro09 Posts: 82
    Nice bike mate there's still nothing out there to touch it for the money.
    I can't believe mine use to look that shiny :) protect the frame in the usual places NOW,
    i wish i had. Good to see 2.25 nicks fit ok will try some this winter myself.
    Here's some things i have noticed with mine in over a years riding all weathers,
    bottom bracket isn't the best i changed mine for a hope, look at getting some Superstar pads (sintered) 4 sets for about 22 quid bargain.
    This is the one i wish i'd done from about week 3 where the gear cable outers run
    just under the headtube they wear into the fork crown i cut between 1 and 2 inch
    off the outer to bring them on to the bottom of the headtube.

You'll have to tell us what Afan is like when you get back, and picture's of it dirty :lol:
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Gorgeous bikes those and untouchable for the monies...

I BET that immenently (just like everyone else who has one) you end up getting Ritchey carbon bars and seatpost for it... seems De Rigeour to do so.....

Enjoy... really nice mate.
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Oi Cheese...its clearly the best looking set up for the Boardman range by a country mile...AND doesnt alter the geometry. The CHEEK!!! :wink:
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Stoo61 wrote:
    Oi Cheese...its clearly the best looking set up for the Boardman range by a country mile...AND doesnt alter the geometry. The CHEEK!!! :wink:

LOL - wasnt a dig as it looks ace, but near enough everyone who gets one, makes those changes..... (forgot you had too) :D:D

But as I said it looks ace, even better with the carbon mods made ;)
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Stoo61 wrote:

LOL - wasnt a dig as it looks ace, but near enough everyone who gets one, makes those changes..... (forgot you had too) :D:D

But as I said it looks ace, even better with the carbon mods made ;)

Hmmmm got my eye on you...Carbonphobe. Ha. I would prolly go with white WCS stuff on the Pro. Ooh err missus :shock:
  • theotherjake
    theotherjake Posts: 237
    Nice. Ive got one in large, is that a small?

Jake.
  • Nice. Ive got one in large, is that a small?
    Sure is!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    I like those HT Boardmans - frame looks not too unlike my Hybrid! As said above, bargain as well at sub £1k 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • glennpro09 wrote:
    You'll have to tell us what Afan is like when you get back, and picture's of it dirty :lol:
    Well, Afan was awesome as usual and I certainly gave the bike a good christening. It was quite wet there so the bike is no longer quite as clean and shiny as it was. To complete the christening process, I also managed to take an undignified excursion over the handlebars. :oops:

As for the bike, it was fantastic and I felt able to go much quicker than I could on my old Fire Mountain. My main reasons for upgrading were the forks and the brakes which weren't really up to the job on the Fire Mountain. Both of these are in a different league on the Boardman which really helped and the fact that it's also significantly lighter and has better components all round is just the icing on the cake.

Just can't wait to get back there again now....

004sxn.jpg
    005sza.jpg
    006svz.jpg
    009sg.jpg

Maybe the baby blue lizard skin wasn't such an inspired choice after all! :lol:
  • Mr Wu
    Mr Wu Posts: 1,238

Maybe the baby blue lizard skin wasn't such an inspired choice after all!

it is a bit "Hello Boys!!!"