Thank god for the ITV player

bilirubin
bilirubin Posts: 225
edited July 2010 in Pro race
I returned from my hols last Saturday and the first thing I did was turn on the TV to check all the TDF hi-lights were stored on my Sky plus box, they were, all lined up begging to be watched.

I managed to watch stages 1-5 over the weekend then when I walked in from work last night my son walked past me informing me that "Sky was f****d", I laughed and said I can sort that "I just need to power the box down and re-boot it"

How wrong I was, the box is fooked, stuck in standby mode and the hard drive sounds like someone is rubbing it with sand paper.

My wife informed us that "it is not the end of the world if we lose everything we have stored in the Sky box", :shock: :shock: :shock:

So, whilst waiting the arrival of the Sky engineer I did a seach and found all the TDF episodes on the ITV player which I can watch on the lap top, phew!!!

Comments

• fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    never happened with the old vhs- progress eh? :shock:
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    bilirubin wrote:
    My wife informed us that "it is not the end of the world if we lose everything we have stored in the Sky box", :shock: :shock: :shock:

Is this the same logic that means when your team loses she says "It's only a game/There's always next year"
  • bilirubin
    bilirubin wrote:

Is this the same logic that means when your team loses she says "It's only a game/There's always next year"

Exactly, I did put her right on the issue...............................the doctor said she should be home by the weekend :D
  • bilirubin
    never happened with the old vhs- progress eh? :shock:

Lol, you are not far wrong there, to be honest I am beginning to wonder why I pay for Sky Plus when you have the option of all the catch up sites on the net.