Lance is BACK!!! Tourmalet tourment, for the opposition...

Splottboy
Splottboy Posts: 3,695
edited July 2010 in Pro race
Doing the ride of the last few years, unless you count the Off Road one he won.

The guy is awesome, not just for his age, but for having a Tour win record NEVER to be matched, probably. No one else comes close to that, and won't in the Modern age.

May be the Tourmalet...Bad Route, but looks like a good day for Juan Pelota.

( Excuse me, I have to find a tissue. For the tears, you sickos...)

Comments

• Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    :lol: you are soo fishing
  • 069.jpg
    The British Empire never died, it just moved to the Velodrome
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    dont feed the troll pls
    cartoon.jpg
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    You can't spell ALLEZ!! without LA...

GO LANCE!!!
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Lance who? Is he the new Jacky Durand?
  • paulcuthbert
    micron wrote:
    Lance who? Is he the new Jacky Durand?

Seriously, Jacky who...?
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    Splottboy wrote:

The guy is awesome, not just for his age, but for having a Tour win record NEVER to be matched, probably. No one else comes close to that, and won't in the Modern age.

May be the Tourmalet...Bad Route, but looks like a good day for Juan Pelota.

( Excuse me, I have to find a tissue. For the tears, you sickos...)

You got to come up with better stuff than that. AC is well on way to matching it, plus he doesn't do just the one race each year, and he probably only dopes half as much as LA.

Contador will have 3 TdF and 5 GT wins at an age that LA had won only one.
  • micron
    A Tour win record never to be matched? It's matched and surpassed by Merckx: 5 wins in 7 starts? All 3 jerseys in his first Tour? More stage wins in those 5 Tours than Armstrong has in 7? Etc etc etc

Still enjoy your w...eep
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Let the fanboys have their last hurrah - then we can get back to 'real' cycling not the 'Hello' celebrity fancrush that some people seemed to want to turn it into.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • micron
    Agreed MG - it's ironic however how Fed Fodder Lance will no doubt get a huge cheer on the podium later - that's how screwed the sport really is
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    Splottboy wrote:
    PJG-238.jpg
  • paulcuthbert
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Let the fanboys have their last hurrah - then we can get back to 'real' cycling not the 'Hello' celebrity fancrush that some people seemed to want to turn it into.

Admit it... "you would"
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Monty Dog wrote:

I feel your pain i really do ,i really couldnt give a monkeys who wins today but if LA wins it will annoy the f*ck out of you lot..............and thats something tto have a laugh about
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Do what?
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • moray_gub
    Monty Dog wrote:

Admit it... "you would"

Paul what you have to understand there is still a fair amount of dick waving trying to see who hates LA the most
  • BikingBernie
    Moray Gub wrote:
    if LA wins it will annoy the f*ck out of you lot.
    Only because it would be another nail in the coffin that contains the credibility of the sport. :wink:
  • moray_gub
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Only because it would be another nail in the coffin that contains the credibility of the sport. :wink:

Just like Vino the other day which you took pleasure out of.... :roll:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Moray Gub wrote:

What if Ruben Plaza won?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • moray_gub
    iainf72 wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

What if Ruben Plaza won?

Or Christophe Moreau ?
  • BikingBernie
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

Just like Vino the other day which you took pleasure out of.... :roll:
    I don't recall that...
  • I always like reading BikingBernie's posts, it reminds me of that movie 'The Last Detail' with Jack Nicholson where the 3 sailors end up going to that way out Eastern religion prayer service in New York City where everyone is praying like "Ommmmmm, Ommmmm" or something like that and afterwards they talk to one of the Hippies there and the Hippie guy is going "yeh, it's all Nixon's fault" and Nixon this and Nixon that, the guy couldn't talk about anything but about Nixon. BikingBernie seems just like that guy about Armstrong. Good movie, rarely heard about.

HalAshby_JackNicholson.jpg
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Splottboy wrote:

This one?

laruta_15.jpg

Not seen today's stage yet, but sounds like the old fella had a good one. Well done LA!

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • BikingBernie
    the guy couldn't talk about anything but about Nixon. BikingBernie seems just like that guy about Armstrong.
    I just know what buttons I need to press. :lol:
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Is this the end for Splottboy?
    Is he to go out in a blaze of glorious failure, too? :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    My money is on Vino to take over as the most despised man (by the forum) in the peleton following the retirement of Armstrong...or would it be Bertie due his success?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    My money is on Vino to take over as the most despised man (by the forum) in the peloton following the retirement of Armstrong...or would it be Bertie due his success?

I'm planning on hating him whilst he's retired as well. H*ll, I don't even like the 70% of him that is (allegedly) water! Beat that fellow 'LA-haters'. :D

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    Maybe Aurelio will uncover some graph which PROVES spartacus is using a mechanically doped bike, and then will proceed to shove it down our throats for 18 months. hard to believe a man of his age could be so....childish.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    My money is on Vino to take over as the most despised man (by the forum) in the peloton following the retirement of Armstrong...or would it be Bertie due his success?

I thought a certain Italian, already held that particular "honour"?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    following the retirement of Armstrong...
    I'm planning on hating him whilst he's retired as well. H*ll, I don't even like the 70% of him that is (allegedly) water! Beat that fellow 'LA-haters'. :D
    No I can't as it's a bit out of my depth and too wet for me. :wink:
    I just don't like the guy and never have since 1994.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972