x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra

Comments

• takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    What's the actual last paragraph mean?
    Él arrancó primero, me pilló encerrado y yo había tirado ya, iba lanzado para arriba, no sabía nada de su avería aunque no creo que tardara mucho en meter la cadena", aseguró a los periodistas el doble vencedor del Tour de Francia.

He first started, I locked and I had caught and thrown, was thrown up, I knew nothing of your fault but I do not think that would take much to put the chain," he told reporters twice winner of the Tour de France.
  • Robb0
    Robb0 Posts: 90
    "He attacked first, I reacted and had already accelerated up [the road], I knew nothing of his mechanical even though I don't think it would have taken long to put on the chain."

Hmmm, too many excuses I think - I didn't know about the mechanical, and it wouldn't have delayed him much. Does he mean looking back now he doesn't think it would have delayed him, or at the time he thought that? In which case he must be lying about not knowing about it.

Well at least he does have some decency in offering an apology.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Robb0 wrote:
    "He attacked first, I reacted and had already accelerated up [the road], I knew nothing of his mechanical even though I don't think it would have taken long to put on the chain."

Hmmm, too many excuses I think - I didn't know about the mechanical, and it wouldn't have delayed him much. Does he mean looking back now he doesn't think it would have delayed him, or at the time he thought that? In which case he must be lying about not knowing about it.

Well at least he does have some decency in offering an apology.

err no

I read it as. He didn't know about the chain but when he didn't can't believe he is crying about it as it is an average cyclist thing to do to get it back on.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Just hit this on return from hols, I know but what she says goes, but will the apology allow Schlek to gain those seconds back, will it bu**ery he is still in the lead.