O/T Black Parents - White Baby

spen666
spen666 Posts: 17,709
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
Black Parents, white Baby

Can imagine the lady had some issues convincing him that he was the father.

The family will no doubt have awful problems in coming years with for example passport control accusing them of not being the parents
Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Had the reverse scenario a while back in the town of my Birth (Dover), turns out either the father or mother (can't recall which) had a black great grand parent, the child was exactly as you would expect it to look from a fully black couple (more Michelle than Barack of the Obama's).....genetics can be strange!

Having said that a local teen (as in 'fif-teen'!) got pregnant, parents were really worried the child may be black, less worried that the daughter didn't know which of several 'suspects' was the dad, strange sense of perspective some people, I'd have been more concerned that she was behaving like a tramp than the colour of her muses!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • spen666
    Had the reverse scenario a while back in the town of my Birth (Dover), turns out either the father or mother (can't recall which) had a black great grand parent, the child was exactly as you would expect it to look from a fully black couple (more Michelle than Barack of the Obama's).....genetics can be strange!

Having said that a local teen (as in 'fif-teen'!) got pregnant, parents were really worried the child may be black, less worried that the daughter didn't know which of several 'suspects' was the dad, strange sense of perspective some people, I'd have been more concerned that she was behaving like a tramp than the colour of her muses!

Simon

I'd not have posted this except for the bit in the story that says there is no known white ancestors in either family

Twittering @spen_666
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    OMG this thread is totally racist. I'm now going to get really, really, really angry with Spen for the next 20 pages.

:wink:
  • spen666
    OMG this thread is totally racist. I'm now going to get really, really, really angry with Spen for the next 20 pages.

:wink:
    I think you need to come round here and discipline me personally

Twittering @spen_666
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Isn't this just all about Michael Jackson and "HIS" kids...???
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    spen666 wrote:
    I'd not have posted this except for the bit in the story that says there is no known white ancestors in either family
    No 'known' indeed, but noted his mum was quite pale, so suspect some 'unknown' TBH.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Splottboy
    If you watch, "Who do you think you are?" there have been at least two cases of Black "Celebrities" who have discovered that they have White ancestors.

It seems that the slave owners in the Carribean used the women when and as they wanted.

There was also the case of one Black "Celebrity" finding out that his ancestor was the ACTUAL White slave owner...

Bit of a shock I would imagine.
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    Talking of racism - I got racially abused on my commute yesterday, and told 'to get a car'. Bizarre! :shock:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    Sewinman wrote:
    Talking of racism - I got racially abused on my commute yesterday, and told 'to get a car'. Bizarre! :shock:

My response to that would be, "Got one, thanks. Just not f*ckwitted enough to drive into central London in the rush hour".

Following on from what Splottboy said, there was a something I saw a while back where they took a small group of - how shall I put this? - strongly anti-immigration people and looked at their family trees. All of the group swore blind that they were as English as morris dancing, but it (unsurprisingly) turned out that they were a right old mix of French Huguenot, Irish, Eastern European Jewish and plenty else besides. The interesting thing is that immigrants to this country have tended to assimilate so much more than, say, America, where people still refer to themselves as Irish American, when the Irish link is five or six generations back (one great great great grandparent out of 32).
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited July 2010
    Its not uncommon for most black people, especially from the Carribbean to have white ancestors or ancestors from other ethnicities.

Can the parents really 100% claim that they don't have any white ancestors. It may not be as simple as knowing who was whose parents. My Grandfather was actually raised by his Grandad on his Mum's side he never knew his Dad. That was back in 1920, if he didn't tell anyone we'd never know.

Have they DNA tested the baby? How long does it take for human genetic adaption to the environment to become the norm within DNA. Example if a group of black people lived in cold climate over a period of 1000yrs the offspring would eventually adapt to the climate - say straight hair, white skin, thinner nose bridge...

I too think that in some countries, they maybe stopped and questioned about the baby. Shouldn't be the case.

Ignorance makes the World a nice place, eh?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Splottboy
    BRITISH = Anglo "Saxon", German.
    Jutes, German/Denmark.
    Vikings, Scandinavian/French.
    Normans, as above,
    Celts, Austria.

There's probably dozens more, but we are all a MONGREL mix of races.
    21 miles of water doesn't make a Nation "Race Pure..."

Once had a lovely German meal, with the menus in German, served by nice German waitresses, in a town with German road/street signs...In Montana, USA.

Even our Royal are German/Greek...
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    edited July 2010
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Its not uncommon for most black people, especially from the Carribbean to have white ancestors or ancestors from other ethnicities.

Can the parents really 100% claim that they don't have any white ancestors. It may not be as simple as knowing who was whose parents. My Grandfather was actually raised by his Grandad on his Mum's side he never knew his Dad. That was back in 1920, if he didn't tell anyone we'd never know.

Have they DNA tested the baby? How long does it take for human genetic adaption to the environment to become apparent within DNA. Example if a group of black people lived in cold climate over a period of 1000yrs the offspring would eventually adapt to the climate - say straight hair, white skin, thinner nose bridge...

I to think that in some countries, they maybe stopped and questioned about the baby. Shouldn't be the case.

This....

Who among any of us could state as fact who each and every of our ancestors was! I can trace mine on my mums side to the 1590s......they disappear before that behind 2 separate lines....one coincides with the Huguenots, the other leads to sanskrit documents.

Oh...and surely these days some couples will have a baby where the baby was from a father of different colour to the current partner?
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • DonDaddyD
    Splottboy wrote:
    Jutes, German/Denmark.
    Normans, as above,
    Celts, Austria.

You forgot Romans. I like the Romans.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • cee
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Splottboy wrote:
    Jutes, German/Denmark.
    Normans, as above,
    Celts, Austria.

what about the greeks? they had awesome gods and monsters....
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,356
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Splottboy wrote:
    Jutes, German/Denmark.
    Normans, as above,
    Celts, Austria.

What did they ever do for us?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rjsterry
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Have they DNA tested the baby? How long does it take for human genetic adaption to the environment to become the norm within DNA. Example if a group of black people lived in cold climate over a period of 1000yrs the offspring would eventually adapt to the climate - say straight hair, white skin, thinner nose bridge...

I too think that in some countries, they maybe stopped and questioned about the baby. Shouldn't be the case.

Ignorance makes the World a nice place, eh?

I think it would take a lot longer than 1000 years. You have to wait for random mutations in the DNA to occur, and then if some of those random mutations confer some advantage over those who don't inherit them, then the particular mutation that confers that advantage will start to become more prevalent in the population. I think we are talking tens of thousands of years at least.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Splottboy
    "Roads, education. Don't forget the wine and it's safe to walk the streets at night..."

But Brother's, I ask you...What have the Romans ever REALLY done for us?"
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Romanes eunt domus...

They probably gave us grammar, too
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Big Wib
    Big Wib Posts: 363
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Splottboy wrote:
    Jutes, German/Denmark.
    Normans, as above,
    Celts, Austria.

What did they ever do for us?

:lol:

roads
  • Fixxxer87
    Fixxxer87 Posts: 45
    On another note, I love the way the Sun put loads of words in capitals and/or bold; as if they're afraid their readers might not understand otherwise.
    || Commuter: Specialized Langster 2010 [FCN 4] ||| Offroad: Specialized Hardrock Comp 2009 ||
  • Splottboy
    What DO you MEAN!!!
  • DonDaddyD
    rjsterry wrote:

I think it would take a lot longer than 1000 years. You have to wait for random mutations in the DNA to occur, and then if some of those random mutations confer some advantage over those who don't inherit them, then the particular mutation that confers that advantage will start to become more prevalent in the population. I think we are talking tens of thousands of years at least.

True.

This brings me to Lion Man, there was a White Lion on the show that wasn't any previous species of White Lion nor albino - there was an explinantion for that maybe that could be applied to the baby.

There is also the probability that the baby could get darker as she gets older. Does happen.
    Food Chain number = 4

• rjsterry
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

True.

This brings me to Lion Man, there was a White Lion on the show that wasn't any previous species of White Lion nor albino - there was an explinantion for that maybe that could be applied to the baby.

There is also the probability that the baby could get darker as she gets older. Does happen.

Sounds similar to 'ghost bears' - black bears in a remote part of western Canada (I think) that have white fur, but are not albino. These things do pop up from time to time, but unless they confer some sort of advantage that will increase the chances of survival (and hence propagation of that mutation), the mutation will die out.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• rjsterry
    Splottboy wrote:
    What DO you MEAN!!!

You need a question mark in that, or do Sun readers not do punctuation?
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Splottboy
    Don't buy the Sun or any other paper.

Full of Celeb stories, not real News.

Anyway, I can't read...
  • DonDaddyD
    rjsterry wrote:

Sounds similar to 'ghost bears' - black bears in a remote part of western Canada (I think) that have white fur, but are not albino. These things do pop up from time to time, but unless they confer some sort of advantage that will increase the chances of survival (and hence propagation of that mutation), the mutation will die out.

Yes, like in X-men.
    Food Chain number = 4

• MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Exactly RJS - its called "fitness" in biological parlance. If its beneficial then natural selection will assist in it propagating through the rest of the species.

Have to say though DDD - not sure I've ever heard that "black" hair ie oval cross sectioned hair (which is why it curls) was due to a temperature benefit. I suspect that hair types and the locales that you know find them in were more to do with social expectations/desires. That nordic people have straight flaxen hair I suspect is not to do with it being easier to tidy up under their norse helmet before they go raiding :) We should ask LiT - she has nordic hair :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • DonDaddyD
    Exactly RJS - its called "fitness" in biological parlance. If its beneficial then natural selection will assist in it propagating through the rest of the species.

Have to say though DDD - not sure I've ever heard that "black" hair ie oval cross sectioned hair (which is why it curls) was due to a temperature benefit. I suspect that hair types and the locales that you know find them in were more to do with social expectations/desires. That nordic people have straight flaxen hair I suspect is not to do with it being easier to tidy up under their norse helmet before they go raiding :) We should ask LiT - she has nordic hair :D

mate wot are you talking about. Its black so it either absorbs or reflects heat. But most importantly, it holds in moisture like a sponge! Evolution at its finest.

Long straight hair covers more of the body and keeps out the cold.

You can use other animals as an example. In cold climates certain animals have thick long straight hair. Siberian tiger - example. In warmer climates they have short hair.
    Food Chain number = 4

• cee
    hah.. if only evolution was so simplistic that natural selection ensures the dominance of the 'most fit' solution and that each solution is so simple it is only based on one predicate....

I have been involved in some design of algorithms based on genetics..(i.e. populations of solutions, mated together with an added random mutation here or there...., then run through many many generations to see if new solutions are more fit than the starting one...)

to be honest..the hardest part is trying to work out what makes one solution 'more fit' than the next.....

and thats in limited problem spaces where we are talking about things like the classic 'travelling salesman' problem...biological evolution has far too many predicates, some of which we know about, others not...most evolutionists theory has a huge 'probably' all over it.

Probably also worth mentioning that not only the advantageous mutatations survive over generations....again..too simplistic...

sorry....i'll get my coat..

H.G. Wells.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    edited July 2010

Flaxen it may be, straight it sure ain't.

EDIT: See? (8-year-old photo)

38500_444345360468_732610468_6682260_6872346_n.jpg