Ian.B Posts: 732
    +1 for a bike-related charity.

+1 from me too
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Congrats guys 8)
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Sorry I've been a bit scarce lately but the newest mini-BJUK arrived Tuesday evening so I haven't been able to get online as much as I'd hoped!

As it appears that the bulk of people want to donate to charity I'm happy to go ahead with that, I may just post on the "main" TFL challenge thread to make sure anyone who was following that one is aware of this thread so can add in their recommendations.

At present I'm *still* waiting to get my hands on the vouchers despite receiving an e-mail asking for details of where to send them and the "official" results e-mail from TFL which seemed to contradict the first one as it said winners would be contacted to arrange handover of prizes!!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Wahey. Congratulations, Mr BJUK.

*raises glass*
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Double congrats then, BJ 8)
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Congrats to you and Mrs BJ :)
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    Congratulations BJUK and Mrs BJUK. Well done on the TfL challenge as well.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Sorry I've been a bit scarce lately but the newest mini-BJUK arrived Tuesday evening so I haven't been able to get online as much as I'd hoped!

As it appears that the bulk of people want to donate to charity I'm happy to go ahead with that, I may just post on the "main" TFL challenge thread to make sure anyone who was following that one is aware of this thread so can add in their recommendations.

At present I'm *still* waiting to get my hands on the vouchers despite receiving an e-mail asking for details of where to send them and the "official" results e-mail from TFL which seemed to contradict the first one as it said winners would be contacted to arrange handover of prizes!!

My god man how many is that now! :shock:
    I think you need to get sky.

Congrats btw :D
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Bassjunkieuk
    prawny wrote:
    My god man how many is that now! :shock:
    I think you need to get sky.

Congrats btw :D

That's 6 now, however the latest arrival has done nothing to tip the scales towards the boys so me and Seb will be sharing the house with 7 women!!

I do have Virgin cable and uber-quick internet so go figure ;-)

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone :P
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    That's 6 now

:shock:

scissors.jpg
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    he's an animal - needs
    spade.jpg
    :wink:
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Every sperm is sacred.
    Every sperm is great.
    If a sperm is wasted,
    God gets quite irate.

Let the heathen spill theirs
    On the dusty ground.
    God shall make them pay for
    Each sperm that can't be found.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Bassjunkieuk
    OK.........FINALLY have the vouchers!! 14 very crisp £25 Leisure Vouchers (www.leisurevouchers.co.uk) are now sitting up on the side under the fruit basket waiting to find out who they are going to :-)

Looking back over the thread it appears 3 charities have so far been suggested:

Wheels for Wellbeing

Squeaky Chains (couldn't find a proper website for them yet....)

Companion Cycling

If anyone else wants to add to the list could they quote what's above and add in their suggestion, next Wednesday I'll start a poll of those that are listed and then run that for a couple of days to get a final decision on who to donate to.
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Just caught up with this topic after my mobo wanted more attention than the Allez by commiting suicide. Whitbread do beer and also own a lot of leisure outlets but the charity giveaway gets another vote from the rider in the very, very outer reaches of the capital.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • richred_uk
    richred_uk Posts: 167
    Not a charity, but how about http://www.bikeworks.org.uk a not for profit social enterprise that covers bike recycling, working with disabled cyclists, training to get work within the cycling industry and other good stuff?

Rich
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Quick bump to see if anyone else wants to add in suggestions before I create the poll this evening?
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Bassjunkieuk
    *BUMP*
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Only have 6 votes on this so far, considering we had over 70 in the team that's not many people!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Bassjunkieuk
    OK, we now have eleven votes which is a bit better. Looks like Wheels for Wellbeing is the winner :-)

Thank you for all those involved
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    I didn't vote, but I was happy for the vouchers to go to any of the charities- all good causes!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Having dropped the vouchers off I received a lovely thank you card from them today.
    They wanted me to pass on their thanks to everyone on the team for the miles they cycled.

They haven't yet decided what to use them for but suspect they maybe used as competition prizes.

Having seen a bit more of the work they do they really are opening up cycling to a very wide range of people. The manager told me about one of their participants who when she joined was using one of the mobility scooters to get round and now travels around London on her own trike :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Having dropped the vouchers off I received a lovely thank you card from them today.
    They wanted me to pass on their thanks to everyone on the team for the miles they cycled.

They haven't yet decided what to use them for but suspect they maybe used as competition prizes.

Having seen a bit more of the work they do they really are opening up cycling to a very wide range of people. The manager told me about one of their participants who when she joined was using one of the mobility scooters to get round and now travels around London on her own trike :-)

I've had a bit of contact with Wheels for Wellbeing recently and my experience of them has been very, very positive. It looks like they're an excellent choice.
  • Nice one
    "Consider the grebe..."

Good stuff!
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]

Thank you for sorting that and organising the team and everything. I enjoyed all that.
  • WesternWay wrote:
    Having dropped the vouchers off I received a lovely thank you card from them today.

Thank you for sorting that and organising the team and everything. I enjoyed all that.

NP, we can defend the title again next year :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Nice one BJ :)
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Nice one BJ :)