Introduction

baloo_the_bear
baloo_the_bear Posts: 34
edited August 2010 in Commuting chat
Just realised I have posted on a couple of threads but not properly introduced myself so hi!

I commute to work on my bike most of the time and have been doing this for the last year or so. I used to cycle a fair bit a few years back but have only recently got "back in the saddle"

My commute by the most direct route is about 6 miles each way but quite often I take "the long way" home which tends to boost the mileage a bit.

Im from Glasgow but I live in South Lanarkshire these days. I have been browsing the forums here for a while and recently decided I would chip in.

Comments

• davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Welcome to the forum -- try the cognac.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Just realised I have posted on a couple of threads but not properly introduced myself so hi!

I commute to work on my bike most of the time and have been doing this for the last year or so. I used to cycle a fair bit a few years back but have only recently got "back in the saddle"

My commute by the most direct route is about 6 miles each way but quite often I take "the long way" home which tends to boost the mileage a bit.

Im from Glasgow but I live in South Lanarkshire these days. I have been browsing the forums here for a while and recently decided I would chip in.

you need the sister site BikeMcRadar :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • South Lanarkshire, eh? Ever been overtaken by a girl on a teeny-tiny Giant road bike?

**Suzyb to the thread, just in case.**

Edit: Oh, and welcome!
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    South Lanarkshire, eh? Ever been overtaken by a girl on a teeny-tiny Giant road bike?

No he hasn't :( However I've not been overtaken by a cycling commuter either so we're good.

Where about in South Lanarkshire are you.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    suzyb wrote:
    South Lanarkshire, eh? Ever been overtaken by a girl on a teeny-tiny Giant road bike?

No he hasn't yet :twisted:

FTFY.
  • Thanks all for the welcome!
    suzyb wrote:

No he hasn't :( However I've not been overtaken by a cycling commuter either so we're good.

I live in Blantyre at the moment. I see a couple of other commuters from time to time but I dont recognize your bike. I have had a read at the SCR threads but don't see enough cyclists regularly to make sport out of it. :(
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I live in Blantyre at the moment. I see a couple of other commuters from time to time but I dont recognize your bike. I have had a read at the SCR threads but don't see enough cyclists regularly to make sport out of it. :(
    I'm a bit further south than you in Carluke.

I have cycled through a bit of Blantyre whilst MTBing though. So if you ever see a group out mountain biking with one person half a mile behind everyone else, that'll be me :D
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Quite a Glasgow (or nearish) contingent now. Welcome Baloo.
    I do the north side of Glasgow. MTB and Road.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Y'all should do glasg-ish drinks!
  • Yeah, dam right. SCR Drinks goes on tour! Or apply a Fight Club style model... (ok, been a long day :-s)
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Y'all should do glasg-ish drinks!
    Not a good idea - its compulsory to have a fight about something to do with football after consuming alcohol in Glasgow.