Thought for the Day

spen666
spen666 Posts: 17,709
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
A Glorious morning to ride into London - good start to the day.

Clean towel for shower - great

Nice long soak in shower - refreshingly good

Remembered clean underwear - can the day get better

Put on crisply pressed shirt recently retrieved from dry cleaners - looking good

Put on trousers.....wait, hang on, they're not on the hook. Remembering they are on chair in office 4 floors up. Having to put back on lycra to go retrieve trousers

Thought for the day - not mentionable in polite circles - but at least I had suit trousers in the building. apparently lycra is not the office attire for a solicitor
Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666

Comments

• WesternWay
    WesternWay Posts: 564
    spen666 wrote:
    lycra is not the office attire for a solicitor

Are you sure? I am certain I have seen people soliciting in lycra
  • spen666
    WesternWay wrote:
    spen666 wrote:

I was threatened with arrest for offending public decency laws

Twittering @spen_666
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    WesternWay wrote:
    spen666 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Brilliant.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    spen666 wrote:

I hope you've got more showers in your office than in ours then... we've got 3 for the whole building and it drives me mental when people think they're in the shower at home :evil:

:lol:
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    spen666 wrote:
    apparently lycra is not the office attire for a solicitor

Just don't come out from behind your desk. =)
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Agent57 wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    apparently lycra is not the office attire for a solicitor

Just don't come out from behind your desk. =)

Quite, remember the whole thing about newsreaders being clad only in underwear from the waist down? :)
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    mroli wrote:
    spen666 wrote:

I hope you've got more showers in your office than in ours then... we've got 3 for the whole building and it drives me mental when people think they're in the shower at home :evil:

:lol:

There is a bloke who listens to radio 4 in the shower room on my floor and it winds me up no end. Whilst I wait outside I know he'd be quicker if he wasn't listening the radio and was concentrating on getting ready.

He also fumigates the whole place with deodorant; it's worse for my lungs than cycling though London to get there.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Asprilla wrote:
    There is a bloke who listens to radio 4 in the shower room on my floor and it winds me up no end. Whilst I wait outside I know he'd be quicker if he wasn't listening the radio and was concentrating on getting ready.

He also fumigates the whole place with deodorant; it's worse for my lungs than cycling though London to get there.

Don't have the radio thing but there are only two showers here - one on the ground and one on 2nd. Unfortunately, some folk on 1st use the one on second (as it is a bit bigger) so effectively one shower is shared between 3 floors and one shower between 1! So when people dither around for 15 minutes (and then fumigate) forgetting that they are actually at work, it is a bit annoying! I'm usually in and out in about 7 minutes.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    7 minutes???? :shock:

Are you stood outside naked or something?

It takes me about 20 mins worth of faffing to get undressed, showered, toweled, deodoured, and dressed again
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411

It takes me about 20 mins worth of faffing to get undressed, showered, toweled, deodoured, and dressed again

20 minutes? Faffing is the key word there. Are you having a shave and doing your hair as well?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015

Nope but it's an idea :lol:

20 minutes Kieran :shock: - OK, admit it - you are a girl :P

I reckon I spend about a minute actually in the shower and the rest is just the changing clothes bit. I'd be pretty peed off if someone occupied the shower for 20 minutes!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Hey, there's a lot to wash.... 8)

Besides - it's a full shower gel / shampoo thing going on, and you can't leave the shower on as it floods the damn' room (I kid you not).

Drying, bit of talc, yada yada dressing... 7 minutes? I can't see how that's possible :lol:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • spen666
    Only one shower in our place - MY SHOWER

Its got loads of my clothing toiletries etc in it.

no one else uses the shower room and I think most people do not know it exists. Its great to hide away on a morning with the paper and a cuppa before my shower

Twittering @spen_666
  • spen666
    Hey, there's a lot to wash.... 8)

Besides - it's a full shower gel / shampoo thing going on, and you can't leave the shower on as it floods the damn' room (I kid you not).

Drying, bit of talc, yada yada dressing... 7 minutes? I can't see how that's possible :lol:

If i'm not reading paper etc- its 5 mins tops and that includes undressing/ dressing/ drying etc ( not in that order!)

however, its rare that I'm not skiving in there

Twittering @spen_666
  • spen666 wrote:
    Only one shower in our place - MY SHOWER

Its got loads of my clothing toiletries etc in it.

no one else uses the shower room and I think most people do not know it exists. Its great to hide away on a morning with the paper and a cuppa before my shower

The showers in my office are used by 4 of us (not at the same time thankfully) and we all start work at different times so theres no rush.

Probably only take 10mins in there to be honest.

One of the other guys uses a shower gel called "man fever" and I do find that a bit disturbing....