Afan campsites

MP 2484
MP 2484 Posts: 10
edited July 2010 in Routes
Hi guys,

I'm planning to go to Afan in September my first time there. I've been looking at the Afan Forest Park and Glyncorrwyg campsites. Anyone have any idea as to which is the better one? Or can you reccommend others? Can you do all the trails from both? Also how secure are they, as don't really want my bike going walkabout.

Cheers
Mike

Comments

• deeball
    deeball Posts: 9
    Hi Mike,

I find the Afan Park site a little more chilled and always less crowded. The atmosphere at Glyncorrwyg can be a little intimidating, although the Mountian Bike Centre is open until quite late during the summer and has a great cafe / television room etc. Basically, its better catered for than the Afan Park site (Afan does have a café and bike shop though) - I suppose it depends on what kind of 'holiday' you're looking for. Afan has fire-pits and always has other bikers camping there. So you won't feel like you're on your todd.

Some of the trails can be ridden from both sites, but its best to check the Afan Forest Website and look at the maps. You can choose your routes, then decide on where to pitch tent. Although - if you're driving - its only a short distance form one to the other, so not really an issue.

http://www.afanforestpark.co.uk/en/afan ... _in_A.aspx

As for 'secure' places to store your bike... I know Glyncorrwyg has a lock-up and I've never heard of a break-in... Afan park I'm not so sure, as I've always kept my bikes in the car next to the tent.

Anyway, have fun. Epic trails!