Mountain bike magazines?

2»

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I mean covered in this article coming up lol.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Can you remember what I was going to diagramize for you though? (Hey, diagramize doesn't get red flagged by the spell checker!)
  • Anonymous
    i like mbuk but in all honesty i find there is little of interest in it to me that i can tget online right here at br.com, actually makes the mag a bit of a rip off i suppose.
  • supersonic wrote:
    If you want me to cover a topic with my little column, feel free to ask lol.

Also will welcome ideas for features which I can put forward to Matt - I am doing a lot more technical stuff these days, including a giant feature on suspension, which is on sale at the end of this month.
    Different types of FS pivots?

technology + theory of what they offer etc?
  • Anonymous
    supersonic wrote:
    If you want me to cover a topic with my little column, feel free to ask lol.

Also will welcome ideas for features which I can put forward to Matt - I am doing a lot more technical stuff these days, including a giant feature on suspension, which is on sale at the end of this month.

you can interview me for the mag if you like? i reckon folk would enjoy it, im very witty.
  • supersonic
    Can you remember what I was going to diagramize for you though? (Hey, diagramize doesn't get red flagged by the spell checker!)

Erm, no lol!
    Different types of FS pivots?

technology + theory of what they offer etc?

All covered in next issue!
  • supersonic
    hmm I might have to flick through WMB in whsmiths then lol.

(sorry i dont buy it :lol: )
  • supersonic
    It will take you a while, it is a big article...
  • I've got an hours lunch... :D
  • Anonymous
    supersonic wrote:

Erm, no lol!

it would be excellent, i am very interesting and entertaining.
  • supersonic
    As you can see, I looked at a fair few things:

ihboot.jpg

:wink:
  • Anonymous
    Something to do with brake jack, I'm sure it was. And how it's only affected by the IC.
    hmm.

Remind us again, Mr Miyagi, when is this tome released? (I'm going to be sitting in a television truck for days on end this weekend, something interesting to read would be great.)
  • supersonic
    28th I think.

It is aimed at the beginner/layman and goes through some simple concepts of suspension, looks at differing designs and gets a little more in depth later on. Not as in depth to show how to calculate anti squat and brake squat/jack itself, but how it can change with different designs. Then we take some common examples and sum them up.
  • Anonymous
    Ah, bugger. Not going to be available in time to keep me sane over the weekend then.
    At least we usually have internet on them things, so I can carry on posting here as my brain turns further and further into jelly.
  • Dubzy
    Dubzy Posts: 123
    MBUK seems OK to me.

Magazines will not please every taste - and every mag will have a bias or favour certain aspects. It's the same whether you buy Mountain Bike mags, car mags or HI Fi.mags

You can please some of the people ..........................etc etc
    Life's good

Boardman MTB Team