morzine help

larrythelathe
larrythelathe Posts: 143
edited July 2010 in Routes
looks like i am off to morzine weekend 20th august
any trails i should not miss i like aressive single track i do DH but don't like doing big drops.
also anyone know were i can download a trail map?

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    You can get trail maps at the lift stations.
    Pretty much everything there is worth checking out. Make sure you check out Chatel bike park too, but if you don;t like drops, stick to the blues and greens (In Chatel)
  • Sammy64
    Sammy64 Posts: 2
    You'll need to do a little research but the trip over to Switzerland and back making use of the series of cables/lifts is awsome.

Oh, and if you come across a sign saying no bikes, take it seriously. I ended up hanging off a chain with one hand and my bike in the other - not good!

But, the trip to Switzerland is fab - oh and the beer is Bar Robinson is strong :D

Sammy
  • covelove
    covelove Posts: 209
    chavannes track at les gets is a fast freeride trail with a couple of small drops and gap to warm up. there are some decent gaps and drop offs at the track above the chavannes lift station (cant remember the names exactly).
    The pleny course in morzine and chatel bike park are also great fun. If you have a car you could also head over to sanmoen for a day of techy single track there

just got back from two weeks out there so feel free to pm me with any more questions
    does my tail look hard in this?

cove stiffee

orange 222
  • not sure were that is?
    i after some nice fast single track i think
  • Anonymous
    not sure were that is?
    i after some nice fast single track i think
    Although there is some "nice fast singletrack" in the LesGets etc area, you're probably looking at the wrong destination for that kind of riding.
  • sara flowmtb
    sara flowmtb Posts: 118
    There's lots of great singletrack around here you just need to know where to find it. Like many places, the best stuff isn't shown on the free trail map!

We usually run a free shop ride on mondays from Torico Morzine - route changes each week, but think big day out, bit of up, lot of down, technical trails etc etc We also have a marked map on the wall, with lots of good stuff shown. Plus there's a great guide book to the area by VTOPO which is well worth using.

Or stay with an MTB specific operator like us or Endless Ride and you'll get route advice and marked maps for free ;)
  • Anonymous
    people go to morzine to ride UPhill?
    weird :lol:
  • Chevannes (main route in Les Gets) is good fast fun. Also the Black Plenney downhill is probable the best track i've ever ridden and is relatively easy to ride (don't be intimidated by it being a black) theres no massive drops and the big stuff is easily aviodable.
  • Anonymous
    Going all that way seems a bit of a waste if you're going to be avoiding the big stuff though.