Wheelbase Le Tour de Staveley

A great event despite the rain. Well organised with beer and food. Well done Toby at Wheelbase. Images of the day at http://www.sportsunday.co.uk

Comments

• plumpy
    plumpy Posts: 124
    Second year for me - much better route this year I thought. The rain stopped completely after the first 25 minutes, fantastic!

Thanks to all the marshalls and organisers. Apart from the Norman Collier PA system at the start (showing my age there...), the organisation is superb for such a small event - marshalls everywhere you need them and even temporary police closures for a couple of the road crossings. And then dinner at the end! Must be the best value for money of almost any sportive (ok, mini-sportive) and I shall definitely be back again next year.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    That sounded cracking fun. Why didnt I know about this? Love the name, Tour de Staveley. Made me laugh :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Solis
    Solis Posts: 166
    Yep cracking afternoon, great organisation, great route and even a scheduled pub stop at my favourite Lakes establishment. Missed out on the the food at the finish as had a prior arrangement down the road, but called in at Wilfs and it all looked up to their usual standard.

Wheelbase deserve another big pat on the back :D
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    It seems to be organised by people who like bikes and being outdoors. Is it annual even. Is it on next year? Love to have a go at it.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Solis
    Solis Posts: 166
    It seems to be organised by people who like bikes and being outdoors. Is it annual even - YES. Is it on next year? Almost certainly Love to have a go at it.