are there any mtb routes in the loire valley.

paul_284
paul_284 Posts: 34
edited July 2010 in Routes
im going to the loire valley in 2 weeks and wondering whether to take my bike with me or not.does anyone know if there are an good mtb routes there ideally round tours.

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    Try this for size http://www.utagawavtt.com/

Click on traces VTT and load in what you want.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • Mark_K
    Mark_K Posts: 666
    I was touring with the family in our motor home last year and kinda stumbled onto a campsite in the Loire Valley that was run by a nice french Family who happened to be keen MTBers when they spotted our bikes they took me and my lad out then i went out for a coulpe of rides with them. Had a great 3 days there (we were only passing through and meant to be just having a over night stop :) ) Some fantastic country side, weather, food and drink, Great single track and good company, only problem is we left with out jotting down the location (as we where only meant to be passing through) and that combined with the booze and the fact some toe rag stole my sat nav on the way home kinda meant by the time i got home i couldn't remember exactly where it was we stayed lol
    Oh well we are back over there in 4 weeks time so I'm sure I'll find it again even if it means doing a few extra miles :)

All i can remember is it was close to chateau Renault and by a river but i guess that wont help the op lol
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    I'm going to be around there for the next three weeks, there's plenty of forest to explore, although I didn't have much time to go singletrack hunting last time I was there.
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.