HTC/Columbia tactics?

msw
msw Posts: 313
edited July 2010 in Pro race
With Renshaw gone do you think we'll see HTC change tactics and start setting Cavendish up for intermediate sprints - because it's harder to control stage finishes without their first choice lead-out rider?
"We're not holding up traffic. We are traffic."

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    No, HTC are still strong enough to set him up at the finish. Eisel can do the same job as Renshaw.

Not to mention that Cavendish won that sprint yesterday from 350 metres. He's good enough to win without a lead-out man. Going for intermediates would serve no purpose whatsoever.
  • msw
    I meant as well as stage finishes not instead of but I see what you mean. Even so I though they might pay a bit more attention to putting men in breaks and/or chasing them down to avoid a repeat of last year where Thor sealed the green jersey by going off on his own.
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    edited July 2010
    HTC/Columbia tactics?

I thought that was obvious, bully and endanger everyone else in the race so Cavendish can win!
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    HTC/Columbia tactics?

I thought that was obvious, bully and endanger everyone else in the race so Cavendish can win! :wink:

Not that any other sprinters team would ever, in the history of cycling, pull out such low and underhand tactics... Heavens no.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Cav said he's not interested in intermediate points - he'd rather win races.
  • Neil McC
    Neil McC Posts: 625
    mroli wrote:
    Cav said he's not interested in intermediate points - he'd rather win races.

I agree with him. He's still only 25 and at the moment the fastest man in the pro peloton. Get the wins under his belt whilst he's at the top of the game. He's still only young and has plenty of time to develop into more of an all rounder with a fast sprint later in his career.
  • BikingBernie
    edited July 2010
    HTC/Columbia tactics?

I thought that was obvious, bully and endanger everyone else in the race so Cavendish can win!
    Not that any other sprinters team would ever, in the history of cycling, pull out such low and underhand tactics... Heavens no.
    Is that supposed to make it right or something?
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    HTC/Columbia tactics?

I thought that was obvious, bully and endanger everyone else in the race so Cavendish can win! :wink:
    Is that supposed to make it right or something? :roll:

HTC simply met Deans bullying force with force. they didnt start it. what was Renshaw supposed to do, yield his road space to a barging Dean?
    try not to look at everything through bandwagon htc disliking eyes and you might see what actually happened.
  • msw
    Hey, by filtering out all the replies that include emoticons I can see only those answers that actually related to the original question! PRO TIP!

[Edit: nice edits, BB]
  • BikingBernie
    msw wrote:
    Hey, by filtering out all the replies that include emoticons I can see only those answers that actually related to the original question! PRO TIP!

[Edit: nice edits, BB]

Ha Ha! ;- )
  • Whats with Tyler quitting the tour, saying his wrist was sore managed so far with it maybe it was the quilt of getting Renshaw kicked out ! Bye bye Tyler you should have took your buddy with you !
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Whats with Tyler quitting the tour, saying his wrist was sore managed so far with it maybe it was the quilt of getting Renshaw kicked out ! Bye bye Tyler you should have took your buddy with you !

Maybe it was getting him down?

I'll get me coat.........
  • PBo wrote:
    Whats with Tyler quitting the tour, saying his wrist was sore managed so far with it maybe it was the quilt of getting Renshaw kicked out ! Bye bye Tyler you should have took your buddy with you !

Maybe it was getting him down?

I'll get me coat.........

It's eider one or the other...