Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• k2rider
    k2rider Posts: 575
    podium girl looks a bit rough!
    who cares?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Cav's new lead-out man perhaps? Julian Dean would think twice about getting involved with him. Nothing Chabal likes more than roughing up a few Kiwis.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    Who is chabal? Bit ofa big dude, ex sprinter?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    French back row / second row forward. Takes some stopping when he gets moving!!
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    RichN95 wrote:
    Cav's new lead-out man perhaps? Julian Dean would think twice about getting involved with him. Nothing Chabal likes more than roughing up a few Kiwis.

seemingly takes less than Chabal to rough up all mouth and no trouser start a fight then run Julian Dean.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Chabal's good at roughing up Kiwis:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=358mTh1_PNc
  • grantus
    grantus Posts: 690
    Remember hearing that Chabal likes to drive around in one of those little two seat smart cars :shock:
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    I remember when I lived in France he modelled something like Armani, and there were 30 ft billboards of him everywhere!

Edit: Here it is, for Caron aftershave...

sebastien+chabal.jpg
  • Kléber
    I think he's the most popular sportsman in France, along with rally driver Sebastien Loab.
  • zammmmo
    zammmmo Posts: 315
    I did wonder what all the fuss was about with him...I thought maybe he was just VERY tall/heavy for a pro rugby player...but there are plenty of other players who are taller/heavier.
  • jamlala
    jamlala Posts: 284
    One of those 'talismanic' players, who generally aren't quite as good as their reputation. We had one of them at Bath......Mike Catt, on his day superb, off his day utter shoite.
    Cannondale Supersix 105 2013- summer bike - love it!
    Cannondale CAAD12 - racing fun!
    Trek Crockett 5 - CX bike, muddy fun!
    Scott Scale 940 MTB XC racer.
    __@    
    _`\<,_   
    ---- (*)/ (*)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    zammmmo wrote:
    I did wonder what all the fuss was about with him...I thought maybe he was just VERY tall/heavy for a pro rugby player...but there are plenty of other players who are taller/heavier.

I think it's lot because he looks like some medieval barbarian. When he was younger and had short hair and no beard, no-one paid too much attention to him.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    JamLala wrote:
    One of those 'talismanic' players, who generally aren't quite as good as their reputation. We had one of them at Bath......Mike Catt, on his day superb, off his day utter shoite.

Nah - he was as good as his reputation - especially at club level. Sale became a competitive team through his work in the forwards and Hodgson in the backs.
  • Kléber
    He's a good player in his own right but working on his image has clearly helped him cash in.
  • Limburger
    Limburger Posts: 346
    Chabal is built like an iron-clad out-house though and he hits like a freight train.

Quite what he is doing shadowing pygmy boy Cav is another entirely different question however.
    God made the Earth. The Dutch made The Netherlands

FCN 11/12 - Ocasional beardy
  • jamlala
    mroli wrote:
    JamLala wrote:

Nah - he was as good as his reputation - especially at club level. Sale became a competitive team through his work in the forwards and Hodgson in the backs.

The wheels fell off last year though after he'd gone.......Hodgson flatters to deceive in my view also. Good club player but very wobbly at International level.
    __@    
    _`\<,_   
    ---- (*)/ (*)
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    He's a bit like Andy Powell for Wales. Made a big splash when he first appeared on the scene, but fairly one-dimensional (both good at running with ball in hand, but not much else). Once opposition teams had them both figured out, they didn't have much else to offer.

Dunno if Chabal ever drove a stolen golf buggy down the M4 though.
  • sampurnell
    sampurnell Posts: 126
    JamLala wrote:
    mroli wrote:
    JamLala wrote:
    Good club player but very wobbly at International level.

Isnt that the requirement of an English girly soccerball player :P

apart from that i think chabal was awesome,
    agree about Catty at Bath (and england first time round) we used to blame everything on him - but his rise to form at london irish has to be one of the best ressurections since JC
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Reuters
    r2810989641.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    I remember when I lived in France he modelled something like Armani, and there were 30 ft billboards of him everywhere!

sebastien+chabal.jpg

Looks like General Zod's right hand man.
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Mettan wrote:

sebastien+chabal.jpg

Looks like General Zod's right hand man.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    Reuters
    r2810989641.jpg

Just after this was taken Andy knocked him out with a single punch.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • brookter
    brookter Posts: 51
    Chabal was wonderful to watch at Sale last year, as was McAllister. I bought season tickets for this year, they left and we were nearly relegated. I think it's my fault.

Sorry.

David
  • jamlala
    AidanR wrote:
    Reuters
    r2810989641.jpg

Just after this was taken Andy knocked him out with a single punch.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    __@    
    _`\<,_   
    ---- (*)/ (*)