Decent outside bet for le maillot vert

takethehighroad
takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
edited July 2010 in Pro race
I just got JJ Rojas at 40/1 on bet365

I remembered his performances in the Pyrenees last year and given his current position (about 40 points behind Petacchi) and the fact that he keeps finishing 4th or 5th in the bunch sprints I think it's not such a bad call.

Comments

• gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Got it at 60/1 at the beginning of the tour. Decent bet even at those odds, its like a poor Hushovd though so we need to wait for Thor to retire :)
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I'd want longer odds than 40s to be honest. Even if he went in a break in the Pyrenees, got both bonus sprints and won the stage, it would still leave him behind Petacchi and not far ahead of Thor, Robbie and Cav. And while he might beat one or two of them in a sprint, he won't beat three or four, which he'll need to do.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Abdoujaparov
    Abdoujaparov Posts: 642
    Each way (1,2,3, quarter odds) would have been a nice bet, but I see they're only offering 1,2, third odds.

Anyone heard of betting site, Bodog? They're on oddschecker now and were offering a completely ludicrous 66/1 on Samuel Sanchex to win the yellow jersey after the Madeleine stage with...wait for it...quarter odds on him finishing in the top three! Snapped that up for the maximum they'd let me bet (£20) and they quickly suspended the betting market when I guess they worked out what they'd done. They're now offering the same odds, but with no each way option.

Would win more with my bet on Menchov for the top three, but am now feeling nicely hedged! If someone like Gesink or Van den Broeck finishes top three I'm not going to be impressed. :D