Looking for riders in the Peaks

BCD100
BCD100 Posts: 8
edited July 2010 in MTB rides
Keen to do a bit of evening or weekend riding in the Macclesfield / Castlleton / Hope area of the Peaks. Riding a fair bit on my own since my main riding buddie moved away. Anyone up for a few rides let me know. Mostly all mountain stuff, bit of downhill, bit of up as well!

Comments

• puddle-rider
    puddle-rider Posts: 295
    You got no choice in the Peak District, you've gotta go up at sometime :lol:
  • MarkLG
    MarkLG Posts: 189
    I'm up on the Peaks most weekends. Weather permitting I'll try and get at least one decent length ride in each week. These days I've been doing 4 or 5 hour rides, usually around 20 miles or so.
    This Sunday I'm looking at doing either Cut Gate or a loop from Hope over to Jacob's Ladder.
  • BCD100
    Let me know if you're up for a ride sometime. I'm not about this weekend though as I'm moving house.
  • missgroover
    missgroover Posts: 263
    I used to ride a lot in the Peaks but not so much now. Usually round Hope/Castelton too.
    Be nice to find others to ride with up there, if you're not adverse to a girl tagging along that is 8)
  • MarkLG
    MarkLG Posts: 189
    I'll be doing a ride from Hope this Sunday, and then I'll be out again next Saturday. Might be able to do something next Sunday morning, but I'd need to be home by lunchtime.
    I'm off to the Alps for 10days a week on Friday, so I won't be around for the first 2 weekends in August.
    If either of you want to meet up for a ride then PM me.
  • BCD100
    Next weekend would be good. Drop me an e-mail on bencdavies100@gmail.com to arrange, as I tend to monitor that more regularly.