Police assault cyclist in NYC

Headhuunter
Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
Wow! I hadn't heard about this! The cop literally launches the cyclist off the ground and onto the pavement. Bet that hurt.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -bike.html
Do not write below this line. Office use only.

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Been around for a while, on here a couple of times.

Misleading headline in the paper though - 'Policeman pushes cyclist off bike'. As if it happened yesterday, in somewhere more local like Chipping Cotswolds On The Blenheim Sodbury
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    CiB wrote:

Misleading headline in the paper though - 'Policeman pushes cyclist off bike'. As if it happened yesterday, in somewhere more local like Chipping Cotswolds On The Blenheim Sodbury

The Start of the headline saying "NEW YORK police officer escapes prison for pushing cyclist off bike " didn't give you a clue as to the location?

You never wondered why a NYC police officer would be in Chipping Cotswolds On The Blenheim Sodbury and they're pushing people off their bike there?
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • CiB
    spen666 wrote:
    CiB wrote:

The Start of the headline saying "NEW YORK police officer escapes prison for pushing cyclist off bike " didn't give you a clue as to the location?

You never wondered why a NYC police officer would be in Chipping Cotswolds On The Blenheim Sodbury and they're pushing people off their bike there?
    Nice try Spen. The headline on The Telegraph home page read simply 'Policeman pushes cyclist off bike'. That's all. 'Policeman' usually implies British policeman as opposed to 'cop', and pushing someone off a bike isn't world news, not in my book. Clicking through exposed the full story, complete with the headline that you correctly identified.

:)
  • Every time I've been to New York, the Cops and Border police at the airports have been much more friendly and helpfull than UK Police... Even when they are detaining you due to some FBI cock up... Actually that didn't happen in NYC I was in New Jersey.
    Giant Escape M1....
    Penny Farthing
    Unicycle
    The bike the Goodies rode
    Pogo Stick
    Donkey on Roller skates.......OK I'm lying, but I am down to one bike right now and I feel bad about it,
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    CiB wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    CiB wrote:

Nice try Spen. The headline on The Telegraph home page read simply 'Policeman pushes cyclist off bike'. That's all. 'Policeman' usually implies British policeman as opposed to 'cop', and pushing someone off a bike isn't world news, not in my book. Clicking through exposed the full story, complete with the headline that you correctly identified.

not on page I looked at. Is said as I quoted - so presumably changed between you looking at it and I
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • CiB
    Spen66 wrote:
    CiB wrote:
    The headline on The Telegraph home page read simply 'Policeman pushes cyclist off bike'. That's all. :)

not on page I looked at. Is said as I quoted - so presumably changed between you looking at it and I
    Like I said; on the home page. It's moved, but is still visible at the moment on the World News page at The Telegraph.

Here yer go...

there.jpg

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    I remember the vid from the time. Gotta get your story straight when you're being videoed

The thread title did make me think of a cycling version of robocop, though: 'Put the hammer down. You have twenty seconds to comply'
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides