Rubbish at Cwmcarn

Stoneboy
Stoneboy Posts: 20
edited July 2010 in MTB general
No for once it doesn't describe just my riding which is always questionable at best.

Had a great 5 days riding in Wales last week ending with a quick spin around Cwmcarn on the way home. Was really pi$$ed off when getting to the top of the climb where the trails splits to find piles of empty energy drink tins. :x

If you can carry it to the top full, you can carry it back down to the bin empty.

Don't be lazy £uck wits like so many of our other country men. I though MTB riders were a better group than that but am having doubts.

Comments

• paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I find the same at Swinley Forest and to be honest all over the place - I try and scoop up whatever I can but my camelback doesnt carry much - noticed the same on Torks Moors the other weekend, not loads of litter just the odd piece generally drinks bottles and I agree if you can take it there you can take it back too.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Do any mountain bikers actually carry canned energy drinks? Probably more like the 'local' yoot, in between stealing bikes.
  • bannedbiker
    bannedbiker Posts: 382
    njee20 wrote:
    Do any mountain bikers actually carry canned energy drinks? Probably more like the 'local' yoot, in between stealing bikes.

Yeah its riders, but mostly younger ones! We have a fair problem with it in Cann woods.
    Giant Reign - now sold :-(
    Rockhopper Pro - XC and commuting
    DH8 - New toy :-)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Plenty at Swinley - normally at jump gully where kids congregate (kids bah humbug).
    I try and pick them up and put them in the rubbish bags provided - normally a step or two away from where they've been dumped.
    Generally MTB bikers seem quite responsible - after all we all need the forests etc to have fun.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Yep, probably local Yoooofs.

You need a lot of energy to steal cars, mug old ladies and run away from the cops, lol !
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Hey, don't tar all of us yoofs with the same brush! It really annoys me to see rubbish at trail centres and in the countryside. I always take mine home with me.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I was tarring the local yoot with the same brush actually, yoot from a different geographical location remain untarred.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    ilovedirt wrote:
    Hey, don't tar all of us yoofs with the same brush! It really annoys me to see rubbish at trail centres and in the countryside. I always take mine home with me.

Sorry true, scum knows no geographical or age boundaries.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Turrican
    Turrican Posts: 755
    cooldad wrote:
    Plenty at Swinley - normally at jump gully where kids congregate (kids bah humbug).
    I try and pick them up and put them in the rubbish bags provided - normally a step or two away from where they've been dumped.
    Generally MTB bikers seem quite responsible - after all we all need the forests etc to have fun.

what u put the prats in bin bags :lol::wink: thats good one
    I don't have a bike addiction problem.....bikes seems to have a problem with me.....it just can't seem to stay on.

http://www.moredirt.co.uk/users/FlowRideR661/
    http://flowrider661.pinkbike.com/
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Fella, Cwm carn is a rough town in wales.

Its the home for chavs, Most of those cans are from local scally wags who walk up there to get drunk and do drugs at night and leave all there crap.

Its the innertubes and energy drink bottles thats all the visitors who come ride our trails :p
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    Was this near the Freeride area?
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    From what I saw on my last visit there, yes the freeride area at the top.

All my wrappers go back in the bag, and I bollok anyone I see dropping anything - cnuts :twisted:
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Stoneboy wrote:
    No for once it doesn't describe just my riding which is always questionable at best.

Had a great 5 days riding in Wales last week ending with a quick spin around Cwmcarn on the way home. Was really pi$$ed off when getting to the top of the climb where the trails splits to find piles of empty energy drink tins. :x

If you can carry it to the top full, you can carry it back down to the bin empty.

Don't be lazy £uck wits like so many of our other country men. I though MTB riders were a better group than that but am having doubts.

i'll bet you'll find that it's not mtbers. i used to camp up there before the trail centre was there and there's qiute a lot of houses only a short distance down the other side of the climb. unfortunately the whole mountain isn't just the trail centre and it gets used by idiots as well as us riders
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Cwmcarn rough? It's not THAT good!
    Just joking, butty, as I'm a South Walian.

But, don't seem to see much crap on the N.Wales trails, tho...
    There was a burnt out car on a dh section not far from Rhyl few years back.
  • belugabob
    belugabob Posts: 158
    Unfortunately bikers are just as guilty - during last year's 24/12 event, there were quite a few energy gel wrappers discarded around the route (And many inner tubes too).
    Admittedly, there weren't many in relation to the number of riders, but there shouldn't have been any.

I just don't understand why an empty wrapper is any more toruble to carry than a full one.

Anyway, only 9 days till the 2010 24/12 - here's hoping that people are tidier this year.

If you didn't learn anything today, you weren't paying attention!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Energy gel wrappers seem to be the main culprit I find. Even in some silly places, like halfway up a remote mountain.
    Fecking disgusting.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Energy gel wrappers seem to be the main culprit I find. Even in some silly places, like halfway up a remote mountain.
    Fecking disgusting.
    yeah, i don't see why they should be there.. For one they're easier to carry than full ones, and if you've fuelled up properly, you shouldn't need any of this energy gel/drink shite.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Black
    Black Posts: 172
    Find this where ever i go and always seems to be the Younger
    generation that has the take your crap with you problem.
  • Eranu
    Eranu Posts: 712
    Don't really see much round here, just blue bags of dog shit hanging from trees :/
  • alexj2233
    alexj2233 Posts: 381
    Eranu wrote:
    Don't really see much round here, just blue bags of dog shoot hanging from trees :/

This really p!sses me off.

Why go to the effort to pick up the sh!t put in a plastic bag and then just chuck it in a hedge. It would be better if they just left, at least then it would biodegrade.
    :roll: