2 questions

Swan-Neck
Swan-Neck Posts: 47
edited July 2010 in Amateur race
Number 1 - I am wanting to go to belgium and race next year. i plan to go for about 2 - 3 months in the summer. does anyone know of any good guest houses for cyclists to stay in over there? or any cheap accomadation that would suit?

Number 2 - Is anyone personally sponsored? Next year I am looking to try and find a sponsor of some sort. Just wondering if anyone knows the best way to go about trying to find it?

Comments

• thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    Swan-Neck wrote:
    Number 1 - I am wanting to go to belgium and race next year. i plan to go for about 2 - 3 months in the summer. does anyone know of any good guest houses for cyclists to stay in over there? or any cheap accomadation that would suit?

Number 2 - Is anyone personally sponsored? Next year I am looking to try and find a sponsor of some sort. Just wondering if anyone knows the best way to go about trying to find it?

2. A couple of my mates are, but as junior upcoming riders aged 14-16. Once you are an adult it is harder, best bet is to start doing races, as you move up the ranks you are more likely to get sponsored.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    You can get personally sponsored - but you'd have to give a sponsor a reason to sponsor you. If you're good enough, then you can find sponsorship.

But you won get sponsored if you're just an average club rider, etc.
  • Jaeger
    Jaeger Posts: 439
    Pokerface wrote:
    But you won get sponsored if you're just an average club rider, etc.

Good job I'm VERY average then! :D
  • mentalalex
    mentalalex Posts: 266
    i am sort of sponsored, more of a team which is the same sort of thing

i just know lots of people. got connections and what not.

get a CV written out, of all your races, or stick your best 15 in there something like that.
    and give them a reason to sponsor you.
    I do science, sometimes.