Alps Holiday

MickTup
MickTup Posts: 159
edited July 2010 in Tour & expedition
Looking into taking a holiday in the Alps next year. I wish to take my bike and ride some of the climbs used in the tour. But also want to keep her in doors pleased. As long as there’s a pool she will be happy while I’m out murdering myself. Also the days not riding we would like to take in some walking. Any suggestions on places to stay to strike the happy medium?

Comments

• sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    Alp D'Huez has an outdoor pool and I think an indoor one too. It's great for walking too. The only thing is if you stay at the top of a mountain then any riding you do has to finish at the top of a climb each day
  • CumbrianMan
    CumbrianMan Posts: 240
    Alternatively, at the foot of Alpe D'Huez is Bourg D'Oisans. They have an outside swimming pool, plus it's flat, and you've got plenty of fantastic climbs on your doorstep, all with a nice decent back !!

We stayed half way up ADH a few years ago, and after a good day in the saddle, it's a pain in the derriere having to climb back to your digs !

The missus will also be able to go shopping whilst your out, so more brownie points, and the walking in the area is fantastic as well.

Bourg St Maurice is another alternative. I'm sure the have a swimming pool just on the outskirts. There's plenty of great climbs there too, including the mighty Col de L'Iseran 2770m !!
    "There are no hills, there is no wind, I feel no pain !"

"A bad day on the bike is always better than a good day in the office !"