Route advice - Clapham Junction to Fetter Lane

Sewinman
Sewinman Posts: 2,131
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
I am moving to Clapham Junction. Any ideas for a good route to Fetter Lane (off Fleet Street)?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Used to live on Northcote Road and commuted to Aldwych so pretty identical.

This would be my suggestion. Essentially up Falcon Road to York Road, right at the Wetherspoons onto York Road, left at the Latchmere crossroads, up Battersea Bridge Road to Battersea Bridge. Turn right after the bridge onto the Embankment/Racetrack and go all the way along thru Millbank, Plt Square and then come off by Temple, up Col de Arundel Street, loop round Aldwych and Voila.....
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    I'd go this way. When Albert Bridge re-opens, I'd go up the west side of Battersea Park and cross the Thames there. I hate Battersea Bridge: always chokka with traffic and too narrow by half.

At the other end, when you get to the top of Milford lane and join the Strand, you can cross the front of the churchyard (well, not really, but everyone does) in order to dodge the Aldwych altogether.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    Thank you both. Looking forward to joining the Embankment massive.
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    I'd go straight down the Wandsworth Road to Vauxhall, along Albert Embankment, down York Road, over Waterloo Bridge, round Aldwych then up Fleet Street to Fetter Lane. You miss out on all the SCR action along the Embankment, though.
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    I'm moving to Clapham Junction in the next couple of weeks too, and work just off Leicester Square...so this has been pretty handy, thanks!

Just realised, having looked at Greg66's suggestion, that the trip passes right next to the Morpeth - guess that means I'll have no excuse to not up my total number of attendances from the pathetic once it currently stands at after moving!
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)