Brothers In Yellow?

Pross
Pross Posts: 43,223
edited July 2010 in Pro race
With both Schlecks now having worn yellow does anyone know how many sets of brothers have worn the yellow jersey over the years? I believe in the very early races there were two brothers who lead the race but that was prior to the yellow jersey being introduced. I'm sure it's happened quite a few times over the years but I can't remember any in my time watching (then again my memory for details like that is poor!).

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    IIRC Pascal simon and his brother Francois
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    The Pelissier's is who I thinking you're thinking of, Henri won it in 1923 (four years after the introduction of jaune) and Francis wore it in 1927 according to wiki
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    IIRC Pascal simon and his brother Francois

Amazing family. The other two brothers; Jerome and Regis both won a stage of the Tour each also.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.