Tour of Britain timings

ajoten
ajoten Posts: 321
edited July 2010 in Pro race
The official website is a bit short on detail... what time of day do ToB stages kick off and end?
Андрю
Alu is real.

Comments

• takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    They start at Pimms o'clock and end at Hammertime
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Sorry but as with all attempts to organise a spectator friendly bike race in the UK that kind of information is not publicised.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • ajoten
    Handy. So noone has ever turned up accidentally at the right time?
    Андрю
    Alu is real.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    The times tend to vary a bit obviously. I suspect they'll be published nearer the date but other than the start time they can't be relied on too much anyway.
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    They normally have a link to the roadbook on the website but often it is very difficult to find and not posted up until a few days beforehand.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    think they're genrally 10-14:30 ish
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    The two ive seen start began at 10, but theres a little village with things going on well before that, Shimano tents and dispalys etc. The finish time obviously depends on the length of the race but is usually calculated at an av of about 25mph.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    I thinkk the 10-14:30 estimate is about right. There is a real drive to get school kids out on the route so the stages have to finish in school hours and also it avoids rush hour.
  • ajoten
    Thanks everyone. As Mr Pross suggests, it's pretty poor these times aren't in the public domain... I have to book a train ticket home from Stoke after Stage 2 and had no idea what time to get.
    Андрю
    Alu is real.
  • GroupOfOne MkII
    GroupOfOne MkII Posts: 1,289
    Surely it's just like the detail of the TdF route doesn't come out until a couple of months before. ToB is obviously two months away, so I'd expect times will come out soonish, am sure I saw a mention of the race manual on their Facebook group the other day.

Last couple of years it's been on the website as a download. Times are always on the posters & leaflets too when you start seeing them around.
  • ajoten wrote:
    The official website is a bit short on detail... what time of day do ToB stages kick off and end?

Starts just after the 'School Run'

Finishes just before the afternoon 'School Run'

Stops the Mum's swerving in and out of the peleton
  • ajoten
    They must be a very devout lot in Stoke if they have Sunday school lasting 1000-1430. :wink:
    Андрю
    Alu is real.