Planet-X New Bike Photos

dancook
dancook Posts: 279
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
http://s716.photobucket.com/albums/ww16 ... =slideshow

So I've just finished putting the bike together and it seems to be working!

You can see my old bike in the photo, I will now commute on the planet-x.

Spec here
http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CBP ... sram-force

With Dura Ace wheels

Comments

• dancook
    Yes the saddle is crazy high, I lowered it when I tried to ride it :)
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Noice. :D
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • dancook
    Just got back from a ride, and it was a little scary..

I've only had spd's on my mtb for a week or two, so I'm still not 100% with them.

I guess my balance will improve, i'm a little worried incase I come off the bike when giving hand signals. Also it is LIGHT, pulling away on an uphill start at the lights and I was lifting off!

I'll get used to it!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,185
    Like that 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • aldric
    aldric Posts: 161
    Nice bike, enjoy getting used to it :)
  • dancook
    Just weighed the bike in at 15lbs!
  • fenboy369
    fenboy369 Posts: 425
    Can you see the carbon weave or is it 'painted' rather laquered?
    '11 Cannondale Synapse 105CD - FCN 4
    '11 Schwinn Corvette - FCN 15?
    '09 Pitch Comp - FCN (why bother?) 11
    '07 DewDeluxe (Bent up after being run over) - FCN 8
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    Like the contrasting 'lining' to the forks and stays - a bit like a contrasting lining in a dark suit. Very classy.

Don't scratch it!
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • dancook
    fenboy369 wrote:
    Can you see the carbon weave or is it 'painted' rather laquered?

You can see the carbon weave, though you have to look closely
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Lovely bike!

Am in the market for a new bike and was stretching my budget to a Nanolight, but they've just ran out of frames in my size and won't be getting new stock, gah! Missed the boat on that one, a Superlight will have to do :)
  • dancook
    notsoblue wrote:
    Lovely bike!

Am in the market for a new bike and was stretching my budget to a Nanolight, but they've just ran out of frames in my size and won't be getting new stock, gah! Missed the boat on that one, a Superlight will have to do :)

I took the last large frame, but they have a newer nanolight now, better frame but £100 more for otherwise for same spec.
  • dancook
    spasypaddy wrote:
    thats gorgeous mate!

Thanks, I can't help staring at it - just wish I had the chance to take it out more this week.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Nice bike. Think about getting a spare set of wheels if commuting every day, and in all weathers - those CL's won't be cheap to replace.......
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,185
    Dan, there were some questions in a thread on the road forum about tyre clearances. What size tyres are you using and roughly how much clearance is there front & back?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    That saddle is at a very silly angle, how did you not slide off the back of it?

Agree with the other comments about the loveliness of it all tho', very pretty indeed.
  • dancook
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Dan, there were some questions in a thread on the road forum about tyre clearances. What size tyres are you using and roughly how much clearance is there front & back?

GP4000s so 700x23

At a guess at the front there is around 8-10mm, at the back there is around 1-2mm
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    Far too nice for commuting on!

Six months from now you'll scouring ebay for a winter hack having had to re-mortgage your house and sell your kids to replace worn components on it.
  • dancook
    _Brun_ wrote:
    That saddle is at a very silly angle, how did you not slide off the back of it?

Agree with the other comments about the loveliness of it all tho', very pretty indeed.

Thanks, I hadn't really noticed.. but now I look carefully I can see how to adjust it.

Close up of the carbon, and saddle

saddle.jpg

carbon.jpg
  • dancook
    pastryboy wrote:
    Far too nice for commuting on!

Six months from now you'll scouring ebay for a winter hack having had to re-mortgage your house and sell your kids to replace worn components on it.

So I get some good use of it :) I can't put it on show for the rest of it's life, that'd be the real waste.

(see previous page for a couple of new pics inc. carbon)