Mountain bike riding in Australia??

lionheart29
lionheart29 Posts: 54
edited July 2010 in MTB rides
Anybody help me with this whats it like many trail centres etc etc?

where is it biggest nsw or somewhere else?

basically i might be moving out there and this is a major factor for me where to go,the other option is canada but seeing as have an australian passport the first would be easier.

i know canada is pretty cool in the summer for mtb

Comments

• Braai Boy
    Braai Boy Posts: 9
    It's very cool in the winter as well if you like snow boarding. I'd love to be able to move there.
  • solhill
    solhill Posts: 824
    i spent 6 months traveling in Auz 2004 - 2005 i took my trials bike with me and had the time of my life. however i didn't see any dedicated trails (Not that i was looking) but you can ride in most national parks of which there are tones, a lot of these are fire roads and forest trails, i stayed with a friend in a place called Bundanoon - great name (Scotish i think) he works organizing all kinds of MTB events out there with the company Polaris, from what he told me there is a thriving MTB culture there - its just not what i went for. he lent me an old Kona fire-mountain and i had a blast on the local national park.

I digress. the thing about Australia is that anything away from the coast is mainly flat and dry as a bone, the top is insanely hot and damp in the summer and just warm and damp in the winter and is flat/low wet lands. the coast is where you want to be near the blue mountains, NSW etc however thats just what i remember from the trip.

hope it helps
    Sol