Swains Lane Hill Climb

2»

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Yeah, think so. I'll be wearing my marmotte top in honour of the event :lol:
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    I will be in a black base layer type top - for the aero effect naturally - and either Racescene branded shorts or my plain black ones depending on which ones are dry when i get home.....

Hopefully meet up with some of you!
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    mrc1 wrote:
    I will be in a black base layer type top - for the aero effect naturally - and either Racescene branded shorts or my plain black ones depending on which ones are dry when i get home.....

what time is your slot?

fixed or geared?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • mrc1
    Clever Pun wrote:
    mrc1 wrote:

what time is your slot?

fixed or geared?

PM'd

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Congratulations to Clever Pun and Jon Ginge for ascending the Col du Highgate, especially in light of the unfavourable weather conditions and pcuntures. Unfortunately having done it the easy way, I'll hope to see you both back up here for a sub-2 min sprint us Swain's sometime.

Also much respect to mrc1 who did a fine job of representing the commuting forum. Having seen the state of him at the finish I reckon he put no less than 120% into it. He was proper f*cked.

Cracking night.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Damn i forgot

pics gents or it didn't happen :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • _Brun_
    Check rides and races on the other forum for pics.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Check rides and races on the other forum for pics.

Your such a forum whore :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • _Brun_
    Spread the love.
  • rjeffroy
    rjeffroy Posts: 638
    Plenty of pics here:

www.londoncyclesport.com
  • mrc1
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Congratulations to Clever Pun and Jon Ginge for ascending the Col du Highgate, especially in light of the unfavourable weather conditions and pcuntures. Unfortunately having done it the easy way, I'll hope to see you both back up here for a sub-2 min sprint us Swain's sometime.

Also much respect to mrc1 who did a fine job of representing the commuting forum. Having seen the state of him at the finish I reckon he put no less than 120% into it. He was proper f*cked.

Cracking night.

I t'was indeed f*cked. Got there quite late, so pretty much signed on and clipped in for the start. Got out of the blocks in good shape and stuck to my plan of staying in the saddle until i hit the left hander after the cemetary entrance. Out of the saddle after that and everything went wrong - a combination of me running too high tire pressure on the back wheel and the tropical downpour 15 mins earlier led to me getting epic wheelspin everytime i tried to put the power down which killed my momentum :(

Once past the steep section I managed to get some traction and did my best to bosh it to the finish in 2 mins and 2. Bit disappointed as I did a dry run in 1 min 55 a few days ago but hey ho that's racing!

Generally though I thought it was an excellent event. Really well organised, great support and an awesome atmosphere.

All props to the 16 year old guy who came second place! He held off some pretty tasty riders.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    edited July 2010
    Chapeau, mrc1. That looked like hard work. The early starters definitely had the worst of the conditions. I was quite happy just to spectate ;)

The DeVer junior was actually only 15 and did 1:33. Amazing. :shock:
    One to watch out for perhaps
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • mrc1
    JonGinge wrote:
    Chapeau, mrc1. That looked like hard work. The early starters definitely had the worst of the conditions. I was quite happy just to spectate ;)

The DeVere junior was actually only 15 and did 1:33. Amazing. :shock:

Eek - superb effort. I missed him as I was rolling back to the sign on hall to collect my bag but the Mrs said he flew up.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    mrc1 wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

Eek - superb effort. I missed him as I was rolling back to the sign on hall to collect my bag but the Mrs said he flew up.

Well done, mrc1. That's unlucky, because the roads were bone dry down in town.

I think that's the same junior who apparently came 4th in the Dragon and gets up Alpe D'Huez in 50 mins, perhaps less. Which means he's a bit quick. Get his autograph - may be worth a few bob in 10 years or so.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • mrc1
    cjcp wrote:
    mrc1 wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

Well done, mrc1. That's unlucky, because the roads were bone dry down in town.

I think that's the same junior who apparently came 4th in the Dragon and gets up Alpe D'Huez in 50 mins, perhaps less. Which means he's a bit quick. Get his autograph - may be worth a few bob in 10 years or so.

Brailsford et al should be sniffing around him in no time!

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • mrc1
    _Brun_ wrote:

Work ban access to all the picture sites annoyingly so Il have to wait until the weekend to go through them!

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    mrc1 wrote:
    _Brun_ wrote:

Work ban access to all the picture sites annoyingly so Il have to wait until the weekend to go through them!

The weekend is only a few hours away. Whoop whoop! :lol:
  • mrc1
    Any ideas when and where the full results are being posted?

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    mrc1 wrote:
    Any ideas when and where the full results are being posted?

Are they not up on London Cycle Sport?

I'm pretty sure JG and I passed the second placed lad's dad at the bottom of the Galibier - he was on a Storck Fascenario.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Results, report an pics: http://www.urbanhillclimb.com

the young Germain is Maurice Burton's son http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/default.a ... ry&id=3596

Maurice was there, an honour to have a star and a rising star of British Cycling at our event.