SPD's or Flats?

2»

Comments

• Combination pedals surely would solve this problem? Clip in on the way to the woods, then flip them over if you want to when you get there?
    Cube LTD Pro 2011
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Tommy Gun wrote:
    Combination pedals surely would solve this problem? Clip in on the way to the woods, then flip them over if you want to when you get there?
    Except that by sod's law, you always end up on the wrong side of the pedal, and faff around trying to get the right side, and that they don't grip anywhere near as well as a proper flat pedal and decent shoe combo.
  • i alwayds ride with SPDs as they are the best . i have shimano slx`s some of the best on the market personally!!
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    er SLX range don't have pedals.

Perhaps you mean the M540 - that's most similar to the SLX quality.
  • Used SPDs up until the last 3/4 months. Loving the flats. Keeping your feet secure on the pedal is simply down to technique which is learned quickly (the lacerated shins tend to speed this part up).

Vans are my choice also......TK Maxx is your friend, cheap cheap cheap.

ps. I know this thread died ages ago but its a(nother) sloooow day in insurance. :?
  • hennez
    hennez Posts: 255
    what are the crakbrothers mallet pedals like??? any good without spd shoes???
    you could always take a second pair of shoes...
    My bike takes me places that school never could
  • tenfoot
    tenfoot Posts: 226
    Definitely agree that combined pedals are a waste of cash, I have a pair of Shimano combined pedals, that are cleated both sides, but which supposedly fold flat into the bodywork of the pedal when you wear normal uncleated shoes.

They don't which makes them a) uncomfortable & b) dangerous.