Le Cavallo du Peloton

Berk Bonebonce
Berk Bonebonce Posts: 1,245
edited July 2010 in Pro race
Can't remember what year it was when that horse jumped over the fence to its field and ran in the middle of the peloton for, I don't know how long. No rider, just a full-on horse - not yer pony thingy.

There's a French language film that features a video clip of it. Can't remember its single-word title ... a girls name ...

We have to settle for dogs and black (not any other colour) cats in the peloton these days.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Amelie...

One of the top films ever!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    And it was in Paris-Nice.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    It's happened a few times, but this is probably the one from Amelie (long time since I saw it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQSkmsFCjSA
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Didn't one year a horse nearly knock Zabel over during a Tour stage, ran alongside him for 20-30 metres as they went around a right-hand bend?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    knedlicky wrote:
    Didn't one year a horse nearly knock Zabel over during a Tour stage, ran alongside him for 20-30 metres as they went around a right-hand bend?

It was Gent-Wevelgem, I think. Afterwards Zabel said that it was a 'Horse Category race' - quite impressive, a German making an English/French pun.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    RichN95 wrote:
    knedlicky wrote:

It was Gent-Wevelgem, I think. Afterwards Zabel said that it was a 'Horse Category race' - quite impressive, a German making an English/French pun.
    Don't know what Zabel exactly said on that occasion, but many Germans are quite good on ironic puns - but one only catches them if one understands German and the often subtle nuances; not as in-your-face as English puns.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    I remember another crash Zabel had in GW when he got squeezed into the mud and the look on his face just said "Oh sh*t"