My new commuter...SS content

DamonC
DamonC Posts: 263
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
The guys at Demon Tweeks Cycles did me a crackin deal on this Felt Brougham which I have now changed out bits to make it more what I am looking for.

Aero bars, black flats, Hope stem, WTB saddle and removed all the stickers I could.

The original plan was to swap out everything white but I am liking the quirkiness of it for now. :D

I am going to replace the brake lever with a triathlon one and route the cable through the bars out of sight.

Loving the singlespeed, makes you anticipate more and gives more of a workout at every stop/start than gears.

P1010746-vi.jpg
P1010747-vi.jpg
Suffering from the light bike fat git syndrome.

Comments

• jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Blingtastic! Interesting, unique looking bike. Not my cup of tea, but I admire your individuality.
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    I like it, looks good.
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • Stuy-b
    Stuy-b Posts: 248
    bars should be straight and stem needs to be fliped, other than that its v.nice
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Like the aesthetics but not impressed by the braking configuration. Any plan to alter that to something which might actually be of some use?
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Please tell me there is a braking surface on that front wheel, so you can readily get 70% better braking.
  • rf6
    rf6 Posts: 323
    Nice. Very, very nice.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Admire your style, not very practical, but it sure is stylish....

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.