Brompton cycle jumbles

st199ml
st199ml Posts: 63
edited July 2010 in Road general
Hello

Does anyone know if there are cycle jumbles dealing specifically in Brompton parts?

I'm desperate to get an old Brompton back on the road without spending too much cash so second hand parts (particularly frame bits) would be ideal. Searching seems to bring up the Folding Society but little up-to-date information.

Really appreciate any help.

Thanks

Comments

• jc4lab
    jc4lab Posts: 554
    Doubt you will find anything..Even new stuff is hard to track down..get my bits and bobs from SJS cycles which is an online cycle store that stocks bromton bits..Sometimes Ebay as bits and bobs of a cannablised brompton (dont forget to look at sellers"otheritems" if you find some)but sods law is they aint there when you want em..Have mine servced by a brompton dealer pre any trip abroad. cos he has the parts..Like vet bills,.Its an expensive pet to look after..but worth it
    jc
  • jc4lab
    jc4lab Posts: 554
    One thing I would also add is that there are Brompton Maintenance courses for about £60,,Bikeright do em in Manchester (my neck of the woods)but seen others advertised in Bristol and London..Im hoping to do one later this month.(24th july)(I need to learn how to fix broken spokes spocketside!) You take your brommie along to tinker with or practice on theirs
    jc
  • st199ml
    st199ml Posts: 63
    @jc4lab thanks for the responses. I'm a pretty dab hand at the maintenance stuff. Just need the bits. Good luck with the wheelbuilding/repairs. Its a real sense of achievement to create a spoked wheel.

Got lucky in the end. Managed to remove destroyed bottom bracket and salvage all but stem from the rusty wreckage sold to me by the previous owner. One more Brompton back to its former glory very soon.