radar ride

issacforce
issacforce Posts: 112
hi all

anybody doing the radar ride this sunday if so see you there.

Comments

• ianlash
    ianlash Posts: 147
    Err, if you mean the Sportive, isn't it tomorrow (Saturday)?
  • slunker
    slunker Posts: 346
    Nope, is on Sunday.Me and the Mrs are doing it.
  • ianlash
    ianlash Posts: 147
    Sorry, thought you were talking about the BikeRadar ride. Just Googled and seen what you are doing. Good luck!
  • Kingtut87
    Kingtut87 Posts: 105
    I did it. Pretty tough going around St Mary's Loch. Even in a train we were only managing about 10 mph :o

Really enjoyed the 1st 70 miles or so but really suffered with the wind and hills on the last 35. Still had a great time and would do it again. Shame the weather wasnt a bit better!
  • issacforce
    issacforce Posts: 112
    i also had a gud day, i agree the wind on the way back as we turned at st marys was awfull, but will be back next year hopefully with better weather. :D
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    Did not do it this year but have done the last 2. Was cycling in the borders however yesterday and was thinking about that road at St Mary's Loch with the wind. I hate that road at the best of times as its always windy and the gust's down there were terrible at times.

Well done all for finishing as I really thought that they might close the road up to the Radar Station as the highest winds in Britain have been recorded there!!
    Brian B.
  • Kingtut87
    Kingtut87 Posts: 105
    They did close the very top section up to the radar station. So that shaved a little distance off. Finished in Wanlockhead instead. Hope the two fella's who came off after the wall of Talla are ok :s
  • Coyote
    Coyote Posts: 212
    Photos are posted on the web site now.

You can download for FREE!