Could I swap Hardrock sport 's components onto a stumpy fsr?

bowen90
bowen90 Posts: 18
edited July 2010 in MTB general
Hi,

New to all thuis, so please forgive any basic errors. I own a specalised Hardrock sport 2007 model (non disk brake) and have been offered a stumpjumper fsr (2007) pro frame for free from a friend. I would like to buy new wheels,forks,brakes but swap the rest of the components from my hardrock onto it, is this posssible?? They are the same size frames.

Thanks for any advice on this, as I would love to start my first project and build up a decent bike, pics will follow!

Thanks again

Bowen90

Comments

• peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Some parts will fit, some won't.

Go onto the Specialized website and compare the sizes of everything like seatpost/seatclamp, headset etc etc, basically every size you can and if they are the same size it will be a straight swap.

I can tell you almost definatly you will need a new seatpost and seatclamp
  • bowen90
    bowen90 Posts: 18
    Thanks mate, I was hoping that would be the case.

Cheers
  • anjs
    anjs Posts: 486
    Not sure the new frame has the bosses for non disk brakes
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Yes, the frame will not accept v brakes. the fork may be a bit too short too.
  • Mynameisdann
    Mynameisdann Posts: 665
    He said he was intending on buying new forks and brakes anyhow
  • Mynameisdann
    Mynameisdann Posts: 665
    He said he was intending on buying new forks and brakes anyhow
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Seatpost will swap, both 30.9. Front mech may not, although IIRC they both used top swing mechs.

New cables, that should be about all. There's a small chance you'll need a longer chain, at which point you're getting into the whole transmission, but that shouldn't be an issue.