Mojo back last night

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
After 2 weeks without cycling (doing a temp contract 30 miles away - tsrating work at 6:30am) I was back in the saddle on Wednesday and the legs felt rotten, yesterday on the way home the legs didn't feel to bad and then as soon as I wound it up down my first hill I suddenly felt invincible, through the roadworks (from a standing start) I put 40 yards on the following car....

So why no cyclict to SCR when I'm feeling so good dammit! SCR is probably great in London where there are lots of targets, round here I see another cyclist heading my way maybe 1 trip in 10 at most!

Simon
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• dancook
    dancook Posts: 279
    I was just thinking about the SCR after reading a post in another thread - but I feel the same, I don't often see other cyclists on the 5 mile rural stretch out into the middle of nowhere!

But i've ordered a road bike, so maybe I'll start catching up to them soon, hey?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Yes my commute is rural as well, all bar the last 1/2 mile anyway, now the weather is nice I'll see 3/4 people going the other way most journies, and occasionally I'll spot someone going my way, but frequantly they end up turning off before I catch them.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.