Brakes touching tyre but no room to move them down

andy83
andy83 Posts: 1,558
edited July 2010 in The workshop
main wheel is in the lbs for repair so put old one in that came with the bike and i used up until last month. however the brake blocks are just touching the tyre on one side. there is no room to drop the brake block down at all

any ideas?

thanks

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    pics?

Angle rather than height?

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • andy83
    I feel really stupid for posting the question now

I left it for a bit, went back out in the garden and realised i was putting the wheel on whilst back in stand, took it out of stand and put wheel in only to find the brakes lined up

yes i hadnt put the wheel in properly, lesson learnt

thanks for response anyhow
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    :roll:

Fixed is the important thing, enjoy the ride!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    a common problem.

next time your in the LBS watch them when they fit wheels.

the bike will come off the stand before ant adjustments are done just to make sure the wheels are seated correctly.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • andy83
    cheers, yes felt a little silly as i have done this before.

although it was my old wheel as new one had spoke snap after just over a month and 1100 miles riding so not too happy with that, but cant wait to get it back, i realised today how bad my old ones are. time to get a decent set of spares / winter wheels
    nicklouse wrote:
    a common problem.

next time your in the LBS watch them when they fit wheels.

the bike will come off the stand before ant adjustments are done just to make sure the wheels are seated correctly.

I remember when they put my new wheels in as was having bb done and bought new cassette etc, thats exactly what they did