Where's Zen

WesternWay
WesternWay Posts: 564
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
Seriously lost my Zen on the way home.

Was on my way home tonight, down a hill into Finchley, just about to pass the end of Bishops Avenue at quite a lick. Guy in a Clio looked at me, we had eye contact and he pulled out.

I managed to get past him on the outside as it was far too late to brake and shouted "Thanks a bunch" as I went by. He came by me, yelled back and I utterly saw red. Off my bike, him out of his car and we are toe to toe outside East Finchley tube.

Encouraged him back into his car without blows but I was livid, I haven't shouted at anyone on the road for 9 months or so, and I don't like doing it.

As I cycled away I was aware of what a crap job I had made of it compared to our favourite recumbent rider, and was pretty much as cross with myself as I was with the pirrock in the clio.

Ho bloody hum.

Comments

• Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Sorry to hear of your scrape. Take a deep breath, close your eyes and think of bunnies in an Alpine meadow......
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Fecking Larndoners :)
  • WesternWay
    WesternWay Posts: 564
    Gussio wrote:
    Sorry to hear of your scrape. Take a deep breath, close your eyes and think of bunnies in an Alpine meadow......

Much better this morning, this morning when a guy changed lanes into mine I just shrugged it off and had a friendly conversation with the bloke in the passenger seat, all smiles both sides and a "sorry 'bout that from" from the driver.