'09 Marin Wolf Ridge 6.8

Greig M
Greig M Posts: 86
edited July 2010 in Your mountain bikes
After a few days of being in the woods i came to terms with the fact that i have Had my CUBE LTD COMP DISC for too long and it was unsuitible for me to do big drops and go through rock gradens without wrecking it. After much speculation i found a New Marin Wolfridge 6.8 at a reasonaly good price so i was considering buying it. Then while heading up to some local trails the boy i was with wanted a go on my bike because he was knackerd after going along flat ground on his heavy BIG HIT II, So he rode about 30 meters and managed to snap my deralliuer so i had to push it to a local bike shop were they would changed it to single speed. ( I could of done this myself if i had the right tools). This being the final straw i came home went on the internet and bought this bike. Sadly, I wanted the green one but i could only find one on ebay and would have to get it from italy (Italy + Mafia + Scam = Nothing i can do)
So i decided on the orage one. What do you guys think is the better looking bike.
Also my friend has never seen a BIG HIT II the same as his so i will post a picture / link so see if anyone else has.

Should i be looking foreward to getting this bike. Has anyone got it or tried it who loves/hates it? Thanks
09wolfridge68.jpg

wolfridge6.8_pop.gif

http://www.moredirt.co.uk/ratebike.php?id=23263

Comments

• Duffer
    Duffer Posts: 379
    Orange, on the basis that it has matching orange detailing on the Pike.

I saw one the same at Afan one day, and the guy had gone to the extent of buying a helmet detailed in orange to match the bike!
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    Orange, because it's an awesome colour for a superb bike and I'm not biased in any way.....
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • orange because there gorgeous in the flesh
    I assume this is French petrol - be careful in reverse - the car will retreat rapidly at the least provocation.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Orange, because the Green 2009 one is not a wolf ridge, it's an attack trail :lol: (and costs over a grand more :shock: )

But really I'd have gone for black. I mean, I WENT for black. I saw the 6.7 (black) 6.8 (orange) and 6.9 (white) in a shop next to each other, and my preference was BLACK - even though the componentry wasn't as good.
  • Greig M
    Orange, because the Green 2009 one is not a wolf ridge, it's an attack trail :lol: (and costs over a grand more :shock: )

But really I'd have gone for black. I mean, I WENT for black. I saw the 6.7 (black) 6.8 (orange) and 6.9 (white) in a shop next to each other, and my preference was BLACK - even though the componentry wasn't as good.

You can, But Not in the uk i think. If you notice the picture i have posted, The Green marin has the normal cranks. Where as the attack has only the one crank and crank protector.
  • Anonymous
    That's what made me think it might be an older model. The 2009 attack trail had the hammerschmidt cranks, which give you two gears from a single chainring.
  • Greig M
    That's what made me think it might be an older model. The 2009 attack trail had the hammerschmidt cranks, which give you two gears from a single chainring.

I saw this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MARIN-WOLF-RIDGE-6-8-ver-2009-/160436430710?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item255ac1a776

But it could be a wee bit dodge.
  • Anonymous
    dunno, it's hard to say. The graphics are definitely different on it as well, but that could conceivably change from country to country I guess.

The 2 year warranty rings alarm bells though, since Marin offer a lifetime one.
  • Greig M
    dunno, it's hard to say. The graphics are definitely different on it as well, but that could conceivably change from country to country I guess.

Yeah. I have bought the orange version from a trusted uk website.

Thanks for showing intrest tho
  • Anonymous
    Ooh. If they're available in different colours, I'd love to get my hands on a shiny purple Quake :D
  • swiftyx2
    swiftyx2 Posts: 203
    Hi,

Brought the orange last week and the colour is ace!, not a solid orange it's got a pearl type look to it. Took mine out and everybody loves the colour.
    The bike itself is fantastic and the suspension is so sweet.
    You will enjoy!!!!!!!!.
    Steve.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3 Carbon Athena
    Marin Attack Trail 6.8
    Marin Wolfridge 6.8 Stolen by sum Scum Bags
    Trek 6500
    Bianchi Carbon
  • Greig M
    Ooh. If they're available in different colours, I'd love to get my hands on a shiny purple Quake :D

You could probably get it done by them...at a cost.

Of you could buy a quake and just send it to argos
  • Anonymous
    I've checked the Argos website, and found THIS.
    Which looks even better than the quake, really :lol:

Yes, I do know what you mean by argos, I'm just in a stupid mood after talking to a vicar for over an hour
  • Greig M
    I've checked the Argos website, and found THIS.
    Which looks even better than the quake, really :lol:

Yes, I do know what you mean by argos, I'm just in a stupid mood after talking to a vicar for over an hour

A yeah! Your probably just to get that, You can shread glentress and maybe take it to whistler
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944

Green one is the US version (genuine)
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Green without a doubt!!! 8)