Research into musculoskeletal health of sportive riders.

I am a keen sportive rider and “mature” student studying a Masters in Osteopathy. As part of my course I need to submit a dissertation and I have chosen to investigate the musculoskeletal health of sportive participants and their chosen forms of treatment (if any).

The Polkadot “Spud Riley” Challenge, Bethany Sportive, Verenti Dragon Ride, Le Terrier and Chiltern 100 Challenge sportives have all been very helpful and I have just over 500 responses. The more responses I get the more valid the research will be.

The questionnaire is anonymous and should take between 2 and 3 minutes to complete. The link is http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/sportiveresearchbr

Many thanks.

Comments

• symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Not once was i asked "Is a Sportif a Race"?
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    symo wrote:
    Not once was i asked "Is a Sportif a Race"?
    That's because the answer is not disputed, a sportif is a (male) person who participates in sportives.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Chapeau to you sir.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Filled in. Injury not as a result of cycling - just getting run over whilst cycling :?
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    As " a keen sportive rider and “mature” student studying a Masters in Osteopathy" you must also be aware of the caps lock key.. :wink:
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Garz wrote:
    As " a keen sportive rider and “mature” student studying a Masters in Osteopathy" you must also be aware of the caps lock key.. :wink:

:D:D:D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Are you interested in replies from riders who do audaxes too, or instead of sportives?
  • Bobbinogs wrote:
    Are you interested in replies from riders who do audaxes too, or instead of sportives?

Yes. Any longer distance riding and associated training with potential overuse injuries would give me useful data.